Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Resistol Roundup

Well, this is my lucky day. I called the Garland Resistol Hat Outlet Store, 972-494-0337. Did I call the wrong place?

No, that's the right number. Dave was a go-to around here for asking questions about Stetson and Resistol products. I didn't see him there in January when I visited. There is a dark-haired lady - don't know here name - who was in there at the time I visited, and was there last year when I stopped in, as well. I'm assuming that's the manager who they indicated would call you back.

They are very helpful there, both on the phone and in person. I'm sure they'll help when you finally picked up.

Maybe Dave retired...

barrowjh

One Too Many
I won this auction #231912735504 on April 18th, falling for the crest in the liner and the 'Forest Service Apparel' and the overall apparent condition of this 3XB, and the color drew me in also. USPS sent the thing all over the place, to Atlanta, Decatur GA, to Memphis, back to Atlanta, then to Maryville, TN, crazy journey, but the hat and original box arrived safely. It is in such a condition that no cleaning was needed, brushed it, steamed and reshaped it to my liking. I need a lot of crown room so it only has a relatively shallow rake front to back. I like my new hat!

The liner is stitched in, which indicates this hat was made before the 1970s. The 3X Beaver felt feels like . . . there ain't much beaver content, so my best guess is that this hat is 1960s vintage, maybe 1965 is a fair guess.

Last edited:

barrowjh

One Too Many
Headshot -

Contrasting it with a Cutter Bill Beaver 50 and a Beaver 100 resistols (silver belly) on maple -

The liner is stitched in, and the production tags behind the sweatband reveal the color 'Forest Tan' - well of course, it's Forest Service Apparel, what color should I expect? It also confirms my measurement of the brim - 2 1/2 in, indicating that was original and not cut down by a previous owner.

The hat is in really great shape - the original owner must have taken great care with it. A typical ebay seller might say this was unworn, but I can tell it was worn, it was worn well, not worn out.

James Linnehan

New in Town
Just received a Westchester model Cinder color, xxx beaver with Kitten finish in the box from Goodwill for $3.00.
Although the box is a little worn the hat looks brand new.

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
005.JPG
004.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points