Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Sale of NOS Johnnyphi hats begins.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Johnny, sorry to hear that. Remember reading him write on his first post that "for me international ordering is impossible, problems with USPS etc", and on welcoming him I made a comment that such a premise was totally wrong. Seems he mentioned about taxes or something. Sure, we all pay taxes dammit!, even on our income!...so why get scared by USPS and a tax on a hat, especially when its a great deal that you bid for!? Likely won`t hear from him again...better to re-auction to someone who deserves it I would say. What do others think??

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
One more 7 1/4 Left

I only have one more 7 1/4 left, and it's a humdinger. The classic grey Stetson in my avatar is the last 7 1/4.

Since you brought it up, I think I'll post it this week.

Jfala said:
Johnny,

Any more 7 1/4 coming up?

Thanks.

portolan

A-List Customer
Forgive me please if this is a dumb question......

I noticed that some of the hats are unbashed and some are bashed. Do the unbashed hats come bashed once they are bought? I have never owned a fedora and would love to bid. However I have no knowledge whatsoever of how to bash a hat, and to my knowledge no access to someone who does. If I bid and won an auction, how do I get the hat bashed? Do I have to have it mailed to a hat basher instead of to me, pay that person for the bashing and then the shipping back to me? Or do I beg and plead on the hat forum for advice and then try it myself????

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
portolan said:
I noticed that some of the hats are unbashed and some are bashed. Do the unbashed hats come bashed once they are bought? I have never owned a fedora and would love to bid. However I have no knowledge whatsoever of how to bash a hat, and to my knowledge no access to someone who does. If I bid and won an auction, how do I get the hat bashed? Do I have to have it mailed to a hat basher instead of to me, pay that person for the bashing and then the shipping back to me? Or do I beg and plead on the hat forum for advice and then try it myself????

Honestly it is so easy to bash a hat. There are alot threads in the hat section about it and all the other fellas would gladly give you pointers, as would I. And actually, still being fairly new to fedoras I learned pretty quickly how to bash a hat when I recieved my Johnnyphi lids and began fiddling with them. It is so easy you will be surprised.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
This one sold or not?

Can't tell from the photos:

Johnnyphi%20Fedoras

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
portolan said:

Unless you buy a new hat from a vendor that offers the service, open crowns must be shaped by you or somebody you know. It is so easy, especially with a nice, soft vintage lid. You can get loads of tips here, but just to give you a taste of how easy it is... here is a video of me doing a few quick and dirty bashes on a Schobel (which is for sale in the Classifieds, by the way). I manage three bashes in a 60 seconds!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXYBIfHZRJ4

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
On with the show...

While I'm tempted to take a break for Thanksgiving, I've decided to keep the ball rolling.

I'll be posting several hats this afternoon, and the auctions will close at 9:00 on Sunday, as usual.

Of course, it's only fitting that I post a few PorkPIES, in honor of Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Boodles

A-List Customer
# 138 Repost of Schoble, earlier was it 119 or 109?

johnnyphi said:
While I'm tempted to take a break for Thanksgiving, I've decided to keep the ball rolling.

I'll be posting several hats this afternoon, and the auctions will close at 9:00 on Sunday, as usual.

Of course, it's only fitting that I post a few PorkPIES, in honor of Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Mr Phi,
Excuse me for cluttering up things with the trival but was the XX Schoble actually #109 earlier rather than #119? Happy Thanksgiving, Mr Phi.
--Neal

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Good point: It was auction #109

This is just the place for trivial clutter! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll change the original listing.

Boodles said:
Mr Phi,
Excuse me for cluttering up things with the trival but was the XX Schoble actually #109 earlier rather than #119? Happy Thanksgiving, Mr Phi.
--Neal

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
NEW AUCTIONS TOMORROW!

If you've been following the auctions, you may have noticed that I've been saving some of the best for last...

I will be posting several new auctions tomorrow afternoon, and it's gonna include some beauties!

Here is a sneak preview:

Schoble - Superior - 7 1/8:
http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/...edoras/?action=view&current=C0000228851_2.jpg

Royal Stetson - 7 1/2:
C0000228868_2.jpg

Lee - Trinity - Blue Label - 7 3/8:
C0000228983_2.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had a feeling you had some more hats stashed away. It is good to see them up on the screen again.

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Indeed, but I forgot about the Superbowl!!!

Thanks, Douglass...

When I posted the current auction, I didn't think about the fact that the auctions will end during the Superbowl!

I hope nobody gets "sniped" by a the 5 Loungers who aren't watching the game on Sunday. :eusa_doh:

DOUGLAS said:
I had a feeling you had some more hats stashed away. It is good to see them up on the screen again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto