Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The smartest, most timeless sunglasses?

alsendk

A-List Customer
946784_654252157924547_396438935_n.jpg Rayban older model I believe

What about the polfilter topic?

I never used a polfilter as hobbyphotographer, I never had polarized sunglasses. I just never missed it. My simple brown-coloured plastic-dioptrin glasses give an awesome contrast and great colours.

Edward

Bartender
View attachment 72384 Classic Wayfarers here

Tortoise - Jake rather than Elwood, then.

I like Wayfarers, though with a suit I prefer Clubmasters. Don't often wear sunglasses as I require prescription lenses, but I do have one pair of an Aviator style prescription sunglasses that are much rounder in the lens, more like the RAF style, which have a more 30s look. LIke those a lot.

Cornelius

Practically Family
What about the polfilter topic?

I never used a polfilter as hobbyphotographer, I never had polarized sunglasses. I just never missed it. My simple brown-coloured plastic-dioptrin glasses give an awesome contrast and great colours.

I've found these only have application on the water, boating or especially fishing, as they significantly reduce glare & allow you better see beneath the water's surface.

That said, polarization interferes with your ability to read many digital displays [e.g., smartphone screens, car dashboards] & I've been told that for this reason their use by US Air Force & Navy pilots is forbidden.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I never wear polaroids when riding or driving, I’ve been told it can affect contrast. Oakley are my weapon of choice for motoring with a strong sun and amber lense Raybans on duller days. I do have a couple of pairs of Wayfarers that are polarised for pedestrian activity in bright sunlight.

Now we got 2023.
My 13 year old storebrand glasses with the gratis frame are still not falling apart.

But in the future, I will get new glasses, beeing more comfortable to wear.

Attachments

• IMGP9392.JPG
    IMGP9392.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMGP9394.JPG
    IMGP9394.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 22

milandro

A-List Customer
americanoptical2.jpg

American Opticals
American Optical and Rundolph Engineering are great although not made for larger faces among the more modern ones , but without the Bajonet temples they are a maximum frame of 58 or 57 depending on brand . If you need a larger fit you may find the 62 but not in this model. RayBan has now the colonel , I wish they had bajonet temples but I have had to do with the regular ones

1688892279043.png

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Maui Jim sunglasses, anyone got any experience of them? Thinking about a pair of their ‘Stingrays’.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112