Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The State of the Art in Japanese Outerwear: Freewheelers and Co 2012-13 Collection!

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
what gives?

Supply, demand, competition, knowledge of options, and willingness to mail order expensive, luxury items. I don't think there are any other retailers in London selling FW. Thus, SofS has a monopoly (or close to it) for brick and mortar shoppers. Most shoppers are unaware of the Japanese retailers that offer the same jackets for much less. Moreover, among the few that are are aware of the mail order options, many are reluctant to pursue this option for a variety of reasons, including concerns about fraud, fit, inability to return, customs, etc.

Blackadder

Supply, demand, competition, knowledge of options, and willingness to mail order expensive, luxury items. I don't think there are any other retailers in London selling FW. Thus, SofS has a monopoly (or close to it) for brick and mortar shoppers. Most shoppers are unaware of the Japanese retailers that offer the same jackets for much less. Moreover, among the few that are are aware of the mail order options, many are reluctant to pursue this option for a variety of reasons, including concerns about fraud, fit, inability to return, customs, etc.
Japanese sales tax is 8%. European sales tax and trade barrier like import duties alone will likely account for 30%.

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Just found the guys of Son of a Stag are selling the FW A-1, lovely jacket IMO. The price though... Wondering if Aero could make me one with the same slim cut and details for one third of the price.

ADN5524_1024x1024.jpg
ADN5525_1024x1024.jpg
ADN5526_1024x1024.jpg
ADN5527_1024x1024.jpg

Gasps, fans face.

That price must be a record for Son of a Stag.

Aero probably could do you something not dissimilar in the Vicenza. Still love Real McCoy's olive knits, though.

ProteinNerd

I can't work out how they do it. On anyone else those sleeves (and perhaps the back) would look too short and it would look off, yet these guys consistently make it look awesome..... is it just wearing a similar dark shirt underneath so it's not so obvious?

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I can't work out how they do it. On anyone else those sleeves (and perhaps the back) would look too short and it would look off, yet these guys consistently make it look awesome..... is it just wearing a similar dark shirt underneath so it's not so obvious?

It's the photography plus the fact that a small skinny japanese fellow can make certain looks work

Blackadder

Yes photography to show off all his accessories and coordination. He's wearing and showing his leather cuff/bracelet intentionally. Sleeve does not look short on his left side. His mid rise Mister Freedom jeans are worn very low because he is also wearing a stud belt which he also wants shown not to mention the wallet in his hand.

Americanaaa Mark

A-List Customer
All these pieces mentioned were made in japan. perhaps the same tannery?

I don't think I've seen deer skin offered by american makers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto