Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stratoliner Appreciation Club {MODERN}

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
So I just got a call back from Jose and an email from Colin.

Jose said that no one that he spoke to at Stetson confirmed that any of the discontinuing of premier or excellent would be happening and no one he deals with at Stetson has heard of anything like that happening .
He also said that to their knowledge there is no trouble with premier hat bodies and that they will not be changing.
They also knew nothing of the Royal and premier merging into one Royal deluxe category.

So... Interesting stuff

also I'll copy the email from Colin who's states much of the same

--------------------------------

Hi Anthony,

To the best of my knowledge, Stetson will continue to produce open crown hats like the Premier Stratoliner, and will also continue to produce Excellent Quality hats. I haven't heard anything about them discontinuing Stratoliner pins either. I expect that some of the hats they made for the 150th anniversary will be discontinued while others will remain in the line but without any 150th markings.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Colin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expect that some of the hats they made for the 150th anniversary will be discontinued while others will remain in the line but without any 150th markings.
Maybe I just wasn't clear enough. Seems to me that is what I was saying & pretty well sums it up.

As I said,
"Why is it unreasonable to think now that the 150th anniversary yr has come & gone that multiple grades within the same model hat would be consolidated and/or dropped?"

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Maybe I just wasn't clear enough. Seems to me that is what I was saying & pretty well sums it up.

As I said,
"Why is it unreasonable to think now that the 150th anniversary yr has come & gone that multiple grades within the same model hat would be consolidated and/or dropped?"

I think I misunderstood you

Apologies

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I am now wondering if Stetson, (Hatco or what ever the heck they call themselves now) have a official hat inspector for retail purchasers to be able to give input back to them as to how well the hats are holding up while in actual use? That position could be called," Fedora Feedback Supervisor"...a modest salary of merely a 100K a year and being issued all the different models of hats that are made, in all the offered colors, a company car, American Express card for any expenses, and maybe an annual bonus package for that Christmas time of year....that all sounds very fair to me.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am now wondering if Stetson, (Hatco or what ever the heck they call themselves now) have a official hat inspector for retail purchasers to be able to give input back to them as to how well the hats are holding up while in actual use? That position could be called," Fedora Feedback Supervisor"...a modest salary of merely a 100K a year and being issued all the different models of hats that are made, in all the offered colors, a company car, American Express card for any expenses, and maybe an annual bonus package for that Christmas time of year....that all sounds very fair to me.
Now that would be a dream job!

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
The 2016 catalog is showing Tawny, Mink, Black, Caribou, Silverbelly, Sage, Cornhill and Light Grey.
I'm ordering a few Caribou and Silverbelly Monday to check them out.
I'm guessing this is Mike . But so they're keeping the Premier Stratoliners with the open crown ? I asked someone this morning and said yes , Premier Strats weren't being discontinued , but I forgot to ask about the OR ! I guess the open crown on them disintegrated ... . I was hoping they'd expand the open crown versions to include it , and give it a taller open crown , also . Oh well ... .

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thank, Jared.

Some of the hats look quite nice. The New York looks like a Cav Edge (viewing on my phone), but I'm sure it's a nicely done overwelt.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
You could crease an Open Crown Strat like an OR. If you got one of the unusual colors (unusual for an OR) like Tawny or Mink or Caribou, that would be one striking Open Road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points