Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Sunday Drive

Jimmy_1948

New in Town
Not a current picture, you can tell by the green grass, but one of our favorite Sunday drives out to the Green Acres drive in in Dolgeville, NY
pontiacdiner_zpsfef5d5d9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The problem with the Sunday Drive is all the bloody Sunday Drivers :p
Back in the sixties, just after The Beatles had released: "Day Tripper," which had the classic line: She was a day tripper, Sunday driver, yeah!
My close friend, whose surname was Driver, would be teased mercilessly, because he would always work all the hours. Any overtime, he was there. We would mimick his boss with a pretend clipboard. "Okay, whose for weekend overtime? Sunday? Driver? Yeah!

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Took the old '48 Plymouth out for a drive this afternoon. I really enjoy the feel sitting behind the wheel of a big, heavy sedan. I sure wish they made cars like that today.

GJ nord

Familiar Face
my old 'old' Jeep out for a bimble around local 'green lanes' near an old RAF station. Wish I still had it :-( ..........
Picture017.jpg

Oh the old Chargers, you used to see quite a few of those round Oz and NZ, but they are getting rarer and rarer these days.

If you've a bit of a soft spot for the Aussie muscles and haven't already seen it watch "Love the Beast" about Eric Bana's XB Falcon Coupe. Great doco and monster of a car!

10500_eirc_bana_love_the_beast-4b77abdb2ada5.jpg

That old Falcon that was half Torino and Half Mustang is what Mel Gibson drove in Mad Max.

Big Man

OK, so it was a Saturday Drive and not a Sunday Drive, but nevertheless, I took one. I changed the oil and greased the old '48 Plymouth yesterday and then took it out for a test. I enjoyed the ride so much that I decided to keep on going all the way around the lake. I really do enjoy sitting behind the wheel of a big, heavy sedan, just leisurely riding along on a country road.

OK, so it was a Saturday Drive and not a Sunday Drive, but nevertheless, I took one. I changed the oil and greased the old '48 Plymouth yesterday and then took it out for a test. I enjoyed the ride so much that I decided to keep on going all the way around the lake. I really do enjoy sitting behind the wheel of a big, heavy sedan, just leisurely riding along on a country road.

Looks great! I wish I was there.
No offense but that car and you done up like that looks like you came out of time to run some shine. Any Revenuers pull you over? :p

Big Man

We came home after church today and my granddaughter wanted to go for a ride in the '48 Plymouth. We left out from the house and drove along the back roads to the old Paddy's Creek road. I never get tired of the view up the mouth of the Linville Gorge and of Shortoff Mountain (the big rock face on the right). Back in the 1920s and 1930s the field on the right would be full of cars this time of year. Paddy's Creek runs just behind the trees, and this spot was where a big swimming hole used to be. The swimming hole washed out in the flood of 1940, leaving a rock-strewn creek bottom where the "local swilling hole" once was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider