Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thedi #MTC-127915 in Tan Buffalo

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thought I should create a post for this jacket. It is made of tan buffalo leather. As you can see it is already aged and the colour looks better in real life. The workmanship is top notch. Stitching as good as it can get. The lining is very comfortable. That's about it I guess, here are some pics :)

7Kyg8lK.jpg

tcQtdmo.jpg

MjppB7k.jpg

tZY0Yux.jpg

rm0fbOo.jpg

iZI7Zdh.jpg

5pCtpGS.jpg

eXGH16p.jpg

TpFtmNB.jpg

QHTmxYe.jpg

This is astonishingly beautiful! And on top of that, the jacket is really well designed, the pockets are perfectly placed! Plus the fit is perfect so it simply can't get any better than this... But I wonder how they get that sheen? The jacket must be waxed.

Is the action back functional??

red devil

This is astonishingly beautiful! And on top of that, the jacket is really well designed, the pockets are perfectly placed! Plus the fit is perfect so it simply can't get any better than this... But I wonder how they get that sheen? The jacket must be waxed.

Is the action back functional??

As far as I can tell, yes.
It gave me more breadth of movement that I first expected

Sweet baby Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me???!?!? Good lord man. I can't even get the words out, LOOK at that hide. Reminds me of a well used baseball glove! It's just insanely gorgeous. This is the coolest jacket I've ever seen. WOW just WOW!!! And it couldn't fit you any better, seriously.
tumblr_m7jsl8ifBy1qgfe3m.gif

Jägernaut

Practically Family
This is the first I've seen of this model in the wild. Very nice. Was very close to ordering this one at one time. Too poor now:(

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Sweet baby Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me???!?!? Good lord man. I can't even get the words out, LOOK at that hide. Reminds me of a well used baseball glove! It's just insanely gorgeous. This is the coolest jacket I've ever seen. WOW just WOW!!! And it couldn't fit you any better, seriously.
tumblr_m7jsl8ifBy1qgfe3m.gif
My shawl collar Thedi looks much the same. I just couldn't get it to show in the photos. It IS extremely nice.

Edward

Bartender
The Escape from NY jacket is very similar, but this one has buttons instead of the main zipper. Both are beautiful.

Aha! For some reason, I always forget that. TBH, though, I think I prefer it with the buttons. Bit more of sa shift in gear from my Bootlegger, which is how I'd manage to justify buying one, of course... ;)

Well of course I just keep coming back to this post and drooling over this jacket. The burnished look of the leather is just so spectacular! The stitching is quite incredible as well. I noticed that on my Thedi CR but with this level of contrast it's glaringly obvious just how well put together Thedi jackets are. Look at the button hole stitching...it's flawless. All the seams look laser beam guided. Man what a thing of beauty! Looks like the devil's in the details for real on this one...Really excellent @red devil

red devil

Thanks Ton!
I would definitely recommend you get a jacket in tan buffalo. The sample already looked good, but the end result is even better :D

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
The leather looks amazing. What’s buffalo like as a hide? I’ve never seen a buffalo jacket in person.
It's similar to cow and horse. Of course much depends on how it's tanned and processed. On my Thedi shawl, which is buffalo, is perfect for my tastes. It's just right. Stiff, but not too stiff, heavy but not too heavy. I literally couldn't be any happier with it.

red devil

It's similar to cow and horse. Of course much depends on how it's tanned and processed. On my Thedi shawl, which is buffalo, is perfect for my tastes. It's just right. Stiff, but not too stiff, heavy but not too heavy. I literally couldn't be any happier with it.

I would agree with that.
On my jacket, it feels a bit more stiff than cow and maybe a bit more robust/sturdy (I am talking about the feel here and not actual characteristic of the leathers). It is my first jacket in buffalo, so I am really curious to see how it will evolve.
I chose the tan buffalo over the tan cow when I had the samples in hands. The buffalo sample had more personality if that makes sense.

I have to say this buffalo absolutely blows the Horween buffalo I had clean out of the water. Mine had HUGE grain but somehow much, much less character. This is the leather I dream about. Case closed. Next jacket is a Thedi. I'll meditate on it for a bit. He seems to be punching out so many great designs in rapid fire succession. Maybe this spring I'll get my my Thedi cooked up. God. @Guppy and @red devil ....just when I thought I had an escape plan, had my hand on the last rung of the ladder...old rabbit hole swallowed me back up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana