Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things I wanna know before I kick the bucket!

I like some strange combinations, but this is for you 》o_O
To be honest, the "bologna and whipped cream" was stolen from The Three Stooges; I've never tried it, and probably never will. I have eaten peanut butter and pickle sandwiches though. Truth be told, I have to be in the mood for them and prefer peanut butter and bacon. :D

Why? o_O
2rc51sx.png
It's part of that whole "salty/sweet" flavor combination thing. It's okay once in a while, but I usually prefer my watermelon as-is.

...Zombie...my late Wife and I had several miniature Schnauzers over the years. My favorite dog for many reasons..one being great personalities..:cool:
This is our first, and I agree completely. Everyone on our street knows him because he likes to meet people and loves little children, and he's very gentle with everyone. He tends to bark a bit too much at other dogs sometimes, which often puts them "on the defensive", but I've heard and read that's quite common with the breed. I only wish he wasn't quite so loud sometimes; he actually sets off car alarms. :eek:

HadleyH1

One Too Many
Before I fall off my perch....

want to know if some have seen and talked to aliens, the greys you know

That's all

No biggie.

My wife likes peanut butter and mustard.
I'll put mustard on just about anything short of ice cream, but that's a combination I've yet to try. Maybe one of these days when I'm feeling brave...

Before I fall off my perch....want to know if some have seen and talked to aliens, the greys you know...
I haven't, but I was once told by someone who has researched the possibilities of "alien" life far more than I have that "grey alien" sightings are most common because they have a specific interest in humans. Even more specifically that they don't have what we call "souls", and are so fascinated by the concept that they're hoping to learn more about it. I've never met an extraterrestrial--not that I'm aware of, anyway--so I can neither confirm nor refute this claim.

...Only three times in my life have I had the sensation of “out-of-body-experience.”...All I know is it’s very difficult to describe the feeling or sensation after it has happened...
This will probably earn me the "Tin Foil Fedora" award here, but what the hell. I've had a number of out-of-body experiences while sleeping; it's more commonly referred to among metaphysicians as "Soul Traveling". This differs from "astral" or "etheric" projection because there is/was no conscious decision to do so, but that's a whole other discussion. And I agree, it's sometimes difficult to distinguish between Soul Traveling and dreaming, but there is a difference in the qualities of the sensations experienced during either. Most (if not all) of us have had dreams that were incredibly realistic, but Soul Traveling is somehow even more real and the memories of those journeys usually are stronger and last longer in our minds than anything remembered from a dream.

That said, I have had one out-of-body experience while I was awake. I had been reading a non-fiction book about the "Golden Age" of piracy that included a number of documented eye-witness accounts. I finished the chapter, closed the book, and was walking through the house when I suddenly found myself standing on the deck of an old sailing vessel, probably a sloop. I and the crew were dressed appropriately for the era (1650-1730), and I was angrily issuing orders to "my" crew about how the crew of ship we were trailing was to be treated. I could smell the ocean air, feel the sun on my skin, the spray of the sea water, and the deck rolling beneath my feet. This lasted maybe 10-20 seconds, then I found myself standing perfectly still in our house again, still holding the book. I had not fallen asleep and dreamt it, nor was it induced by any "substances"; I was there. I'm not asking anyone else to believe this, but I know what I know.

Last edited:
HeavenlyHadley...It's difficult to actually talk to the greys. They talk in what sounds like Eskimo baby talk. Plus they giggle hysterically after each sentence like little girls with one of those funny Australian accents. However they can cuss like rum drunk pirates if they get to know you well. That's just the males of the species, though. The females only communicate in whispers, whistles and singing. One sounded just like Ray Charles while another blared loudly exactly like Tommy Dorsey's trumpet player's horn. Sorry I just can't take their constant tap dancing, ballet jumps and twirls. I really don't associate with them anymore even when they sneak in my bedroom window late at night and hide under my bed.

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Neat find. Looks like she stopped by to do the promo on the way out to dinner at a 4-star restaurant.

And, IMHO, she seemed a bit awkward.

Did you notice how absolutely beautiful the roads looked?
Most folks dressed up when going out in
public.
That she seemed "awkward" was what made her popular with TV viewers across
America. Doris Day not as "awkward" as
Dinah but nevertheless very popular in movies around this time period.
The highway roads were beautiful in film but in real life kind of scary because divided roads were not as common as today.
Have you ever driven on a two lane road
and come upon a hay wagon or a tractor?
Remember Burma~Shave signs?
And the nearest rest stop was the next city when driving from one town to another. Speed limit was 55 MPH.
Food stops were local diners.
Chain diners was mostly Dairy Queen.
Burger King and McDonalds were just
starting to appear on the scene.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana