Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thinking about an Aero Trail Rider

majormajor

One Too Many
I'm leaning towards one of these for my next leather.

I like the belted vibe.

Anyone have one?

Any nice pics?

:D;)

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
I'm also been intrigued by the Trail Rider...but so far I've seen no pics of the jacket...I'm curious to know the lenght of the jacket...23"?

majormajor

One Too Many
I'm also been intrigued by the Trail Rider...but so far I've seen no pics of the jacket...I'm curious to know the lenght of the jacket...23"?

Described on Aero's site as "shorter than a HWM/Half Belt", so yes, 23" sounds about right.

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
Anyway, I want to see pictures of this elusive model...I don't remember having seen any of them.

majormajor

One Too Many
The Trail Rider is basically a bald Grizzly. So pictures of that style will be a good starting point.

Yeah, that's true, but I think Grizzlies are horrible!

It would just be nice to see a few examples, without having to imagine away the fur:eeek:

I'm thinking of brown FQHH, with a couple of zip pockets on the chest:D

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Sorry, we don't have a drawer in our photo catalogue system for the Trail Rider but I guess we must have some photos here, I'll add it to my list of things to check with my dad! :)

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
Sorry, we don't have a drawer in our photo catalogue system for the Trail Rider but I guess we must have some photos here, I'll add it to my list of things to check with my dad! :)

Thanks Holly, would it be outrageous today asking a Trailrider with small bi-swing lunettes? :p

Graemsay

Practically Family
Kentaurus in Cologne have a product page for the Trail Rider.

5e8e55cab4.jpg

f856041897.jpg

The Google translated blurb reads:

A short jacket with belt. Therefore, it is also a lot of women, because they can be pulled tight just above the pelvic bone, and therefore it still looks sexy when the jacket's shoulders should be slightly too far. Because in general, the larger the bust of a woman, is (according to the focus then the jacket size, must) be more clearly perhaps this too disproportionate to the shoulder width of the jacket, since these little grows.

Detail: the sleeves end like a shirt with a button

For men: for example for moped's a little too short. We can, however, make an inch longer if desired.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Kentaurus in Cologne have a product page for the Trail Rider.

5e8e55cab4.jpg

f856041897.jpg

The Google translated blurb reads:

A short jacket with belt. Therefore, it is also a lot of women, because they can be pulled tight just above the pelvic bone, and therefore it still looks sexy when the jacket's shoulders should be slightly too far. Because in general, the larger the bust of a woman, is (according to the focus then the jacket size, must) be more clearly perhaps this too disproportionate to the shoulder width of the jacket, since these little grows.

Detail: the sleeves end like a shirt with a button

For men: for example for moped's a little too short. We can, however, make an inch longer if desired.

Hilariously woeful translation. Don't much like the jacket - like the Winward it seems too short and squat to my taste.

majormajor

One Too Many
For men: for example for moped's a little too short. We can, however, make an inch longer if desired.[/I]

The wonders of Google translation.

Well, I'd best not get on the moped, then!:eeek:;)

PS. "Hey, guys - let's spend like ten seconds setting these pics up - and then they'll look REALLY crap............."

Last edited:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Will look ok on an Indian Chief with a pair of those tally ho style patrolman's jodhpurs And some high leg boots.
I really love it, but I think lengthening it will take away the classic cut

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
If it's 23" it's still wearable with a pair of Levi's 501....with studs under the collar and zips on the sleeves it would be a great bike jacket.

majormajor

One Too Many
I think lengthening it will take away the classic cut

As is often discussed on here, a "short" jacket should just cover the belt on your trousers. As I generally wear vintage cut Lee Riders, which have a relatively high waist, I am sure I can get the right length whilst preserving the "look" of the jacket.

I'll post pics when I get it, but based on Aero's current backlog, I guess that will be late summer 2013!;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112