Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thinking of Daniel and Cindy (Luvmyman)

Windsock8e

A-List Customer
...or even right here. I've only been a member a few years so I don't kno if it's even allowed but something should be done to help. Any suggestions any one...?

I think that that is a great idea. It is probably easier/better to set up something like gofundme rather than on the forum as she can post the link on facebook or elsewhere. Always good to put a brief summary of what the gofundme campaign is for to give people outside TFL an idea of what it is about without exhausting detail.

When I google the gofundme link, it only sends me to the UK site, so best for Cindy to search for the US version if she wants to do this. I would be happy to contribute if that would help, but she would need to set it up as gofundme holds the funds in escrow and will then only release to the creator of the gofundme campaign.

Cindy - I wish you all strength possible in these trying times. For what it's worth, my thoughts (and my wife who is not a Lounger) are with you and your family.

Christophe

I can't imagine what this must be like. When problems mount, support and love, even if it is electronic and online is always a welcome boost to a bad day. Online love is one thing, but I feel there is a collective cloud of prayers and good vibes that is holding up Cindy coming from around the world. This is a special place, in so many ways.

Keep us informed if anyone figures out a donation solution.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
GoFundMe type sites take a percentage. If we know Cindy's paypal email address we can send donations under the Family and Friends heading and 100% goes right to Daniel and Cindy. Just a thought.

Prayers and good thoughts for both of you!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
GoFundMe type sites take a percentage. If we know Cindy's paypal email address we can send donations under the Family and Friends heading and 100% goes right to Daniel and Cindy. Just a thought.

Prayers and good thoughts for both of you!
We can all help Cindy (LuvMyMan) and Daniel very soon. Working out the details. Please stay tuned.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I do not condone putting a post up just to show that you've contributed. Such behavior would be narcissistic, and I'm just not that kind of guy. :D
My thoughts had nothing to do with being narcissistic Jim. Posting the dollar amounts given would truly be narcissistic. I felt posting when you participated would help keep the thread alive and active and not buried on page 2 or 3. It would also help our efforts to gain momentum while also givIng some traction to this thread, all for a good cause. The "more the merrier" in this case.

I do not condone putting a post up just to show that you've contributed. Such behavior would be narcissistic, and I'm just not that kind of guy. :D

According to the ancients, true charity is done without recognition, and I agree with the ol' boys.

I Also agree with Mr. Roberts' intention of creating momentum, and hopefully inspiring others be part of our community if they are able. That's the only reason I chimed in as "IN." I hope it works...

"My thoughts had nothing to do with being narcissistic Jim. Posting the dollar amounts given would truly be narcissistic."

I Also agree with Mr. Roberts' intention of creating momentum, and hopefully inspiring others be part of our community if they are able. That's the only reason I chimed in as "IN." I hope it works...
Exactly!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Hence this explanation last Tuesday. So I refer you back to the thread "Please Help Cindy (LuvMyMan) and Daniel" where we can all collectively do some good, which is now being in danger of being listed somewhere on page 2...
Screenshot_2017-08-05-15-01-16-1.png

Thank you all for your continued support!

My thoughts had nothing to do with being narcissistic Jim. Posting the dollar amounts given would truly be narcissistic. I felt posting when you participated would help keep the thread alive and active and not buried on page 2 or 3. It would also help our efforts to gain momentum while also givIng some traction to this thread, all for a good cause. The "more the merrier" in this case.
+1

Sorry, I should have posted in a more sarcastic font. My intention was to say what I said in such a way that I didn't say what was suggested but with a nod to saying what needed to be said without saying it.

See what I'm saying? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21