Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This evil evil vintage addiction (men are welcome in this one, too)

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am a textbook case here..........when it comes to vintage, there really is no putting it off. What you want will NOT be there tomorrow! So I will (and have) blow all my dough if I can't let something get away.
((sigh)) and the rent is due tomorrow..........

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Lauren Henline said:
Yup, that's me to a "T". While I should be focussing on the piles of things I actually bought to sell, I'm weeding through the collection and desciding that I have too much of this or that, that I need this or that... like Vanessa says to me... Paypal is like Monopoly money. You sell something, goes to paypal, sits there, then you buy something better with it :)

:) yes I'm endeavoring to make more than I re-spend for tuition money tho it's tempting

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
I have a real penchant for vintage eyeglasses. I think I have about a dozen pairs so far. And they snap of any outfit in an nice vintage way.

Oh, and vintage knitting patterns. Kills me every time! I'm always lurking on eBay trying to find them.

Orchids Please

New in Town
Oh, but what a lovely addiction!

I started out with collecting '40's luggage & postcards. Then dresses, shoes (oh to find a pair of cuban heel lace ups again),magazines, clothes, compact & lipstick cases. etc. A little bit here, a little bit there, it grows like topsy.

e-bay is fun, but dicey so I pass on that. My dream is to find a warehouse that sells "bundles" - 100 lb. of old clothing. I can't pass a thrift store when traveling because you never know. There was a magazine called "Rags" published in the early '70's which had excellent vintage info when the rage first hit. Check around - I found it on microfiche at a local collage.

Glad to know we've been bitten by the "vintage bug"!

humblestumble

One of the Regulars
My addictions:

Lookin up vintage and vintage inspired designs online and drooling ( a waste of time, sorta but it's so lovely to do! ) It usually ends up making me sad and feeling worthless because I have next to nothing when it comes to personal throw away cash to spend on a vintage-ish wardrobe.

Sewing. I love to sew, but at the same time I don't (I get frustrated with the fitting part). I am obsessed with sewing books and patterns at the moment. I'm trying so hard to learn so much about sewing so that I can make my own patterns which are retro which fit me and look well made. There are like no instructors in town and I don't know anyone close who can sew (whom lives closeby) so I'm left to be pretty much self taught.

Along with that goes PATTERNS. My god. I am addicted to buying/saving patterns. I have a TON of knitting patterns, some crochet patterns, a ton of patterns online (freebies), and over 100 sewing patterns (Only a years and a half worth of sewing time that I've accumulated those!) In the beginning I bought a bunch of patterns I thought I would make and I'm just now realizing I probably wont ever make them. The ones I love to get now are vintage and retro inspired ones. I will always drool over those and wish to make them. Of course, vintage and retro clothes are the reason I got into this sewing nonsense ;)

I was 13 and found out zoot suits are about 200 dollars or so depending, and I really really wanted 1950s and 1940s dresses, so I was determined to learn. It took 5 or 6 years but I finally learned in Home Ec. (that class sucked so bad though. I barely learned anything)

I also am addicted to collecting drawing books, old and new, so kudos to the andrew loomis book find LadyDay! I draw portraits and cartoons as a hobby (and just recently I'm starting to seem to change my mind about the hobby part).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ