Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THIS IS THE REASON MEN CAN'T FIND UNIQUE SUITS...

Hondo

One Too Many
Tell me Daniel my good man, where would you begin on a new suit, post 1940's? I haven't the time to bargain hurt, custome made, tailor? What about you Wildroot? Grateful :cool2:

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
b1-vi.jpg

That is Matt Deckard's suit that was tailored for him. Contact him about having suits custome made. If you don't mind lightweight modern fabrics there is this option:

http://www.mycustomtailor.com/fabrics.php?styleID=7636

although I don't believe any Lounger has purchased that exact suit.

Hope this helps.

Dan

P.S. Bargain Hunting is fun!

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
What a shame. Though it makes sense in the course of the wartime efforts. I recently found a local shop that had eluded me. The guy who runs it also owns one in Boston. I asked him where he found the older garments, and he said most came from the 'northeast'. I guess he didn't want to reveal his sources. He did say he has a friend who makes vintage clothing for the movie industry! I asked if he sold that attire and he said 'sometimes'. I am trying to get in touch with this guy but so far nothing.

Chad

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Well you're friends with Lauren so that means I know where you live...

SO GO AHEAD!!! :p

In all honesty it is actually a really great pattern. I haven't seen many around.

Trickeration

Practically Family
Daniel Riser said:

It is sad, but it was probably done for a good reason. Most likely, in the name of patriotism. These scans are from a book I have called the Singer Make-over Guide. My copy is copywritten 1943 and 1944. It gives many suggestions on how to re-use, repair and re-style clothing so you aren't out buying clothes or material during the wartime shortages. Here are 2 pages...

http://community.webshots.com/mypho...D=425681238&photoID=438276803&security=zgfyGH

http://community.webshots.com/mypho...D=425681238&photoID=438277521&security=SuEAUt

The book is great for the vintage clothing collector (but I promise not to use it to destroy any men's suits ;) . In fact, I'm learning to re-weave so I can repair them). It shows some really creative repairs that allow me to buy damaged vintage items and repair them to period style. And you can get some great deals on things with tears or stains. It also has ideas for updating older styles, kids clothes, and household linens.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Teresa,

If you get into the re-weaving business. You will only need one customer... trust me. I could keep you busy for years and years.

... suddenly the findings on ebay are even better.

Hondo

One Too Many
Dan, Thanks for the link, looks great, will give it some thought once I know my size, have measuring done to I know exact comfortable fit. Its always shoulders and arm length. I like the 109 Pinstripe flannel wool (light med weight) Dark Blue. oh very good ladies :cool:

Dalexs

Practically Family
Chad Sanborn said:
What a shame. Though it makes sense in the course of the wartime efforts. I recently found a local shop that had eluded me. The guy who runs it also owns one in Boston. I asked him where he found the older garments, and he said most came from the 'northeast'...

Chad, do you know the name of the shop in Boston the guy was referring to?
We have a place here called Bobbys of Boston (or something like that) that handles vintage stuff and does stuff for Hollywood (apparently) but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

Dalexs

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21