Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This or That

No matter what someone is talking about, my answer is always chain!

Too much redneck I suppose [emoji14]

Gin: Martini or G&T?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Oh, a tough one. When I was a younger man, I'd have said martini, but now my capacity has been reduced, so I have to go G&T.

Staying with Gin (one of my favorite liquors):

G&T or Tom Collins or Gimlet?

N.B., What kind of self-described redneck drinks a martini or a gin-and-tonic for that matter? To be fair, I'm a kid from the Northeast, so my entire knowledge of "rednecks" comes from TV shows and movies, hence, I really have no idea what I'm talking about, but those drinks don't gel with my image of a "redneck."

Tom Collins

N.B., What kind of self-described redneck drinks a martini or a gin-and-tonic for that matter? To be fair, I'm a kid from the Northeast, so my entire knowledge of "rednecks" comes from TV shows and movies, hence, I really have no idea what I'm talking about, but those drinks don't gel with my image of a "redneck."

Yeah, what is your image of a redneck? Someone in a wife beater drinking cheap whiskey and PBR. Wait, I drink PBR. Come on down, FF. I'll show you around.

Vodka:
Grey Goose or Stoli?

Tom Collins

Yeah, what is your image of a redneck? Someone in a wife beater drinking cheap whiskey and PBR. Wait, I drink PBR. Come on down, FF. I'll show you around.

Vodka:
Grey Goose or Stoli?

As carefully mentioned in my post, I have no real redneck knowledge other than a mishmash of TV / movies images which I know run the gamut from completely made up to, maybe sometimes, half accurate.

Also, just as I know the TV / movie image of a guy living in NYC and working on Wall Street is wildly inaccurate - and insulting - I assume the same about any other image our media promotes.

But on to more fun things.

Stoli.

For the hopefully rare morning drink: Bloody Mary or Mimosa?

Last edited:
Sorry, FF I was hoping you'd catch my humor w/o the use emojis. Hardly anythings more fun to me than poking fun at the way the media portrays rednecks or the South in general. Of course we don't hold the copyright on rednecks down here. The invitation was genuine.

Bloody Mary with

Celery or pickled okra?

Sorry, FF I was hoping you'd catch my humor w/o the use emojis. Hardly anythings more fun to me than poking fun at the way the media portrays rednecks or the South in general. Of course we don't hold the copyright on rednecks down here. The invitation was genuine.

Bloody Mary with

Celery or pickled okra?

Since we all know that posts can come across in ways that lack inflection or intent, I always try to err on the side of caution - so I'm quick to apologize even though I was pretty comfortable your post was in fun. Okay, all that aside,

Celery as I always lean classic (although, I do like okra).

Sheet cake or bundt cake?

Bundy Cake

(For layer cakes, do you prefer)
Butter Cream or Seven Minute Frosting?

Butter Cream, for me, a richer flavor and moister texture.

Staying with icing: Naked cake or regular-iced cake?

Naked ⇩
59fe25ea-1f27-4ceb-adfb-66537f116d46.jpg Regular → 1393906711447.jpeg

Who cares? Either will find their way to my stomach!

Let's go the other way: Liver & onions or liver & bacon?

I'm with you on the love of the chocolate chip cookie, I never look a gift horse - with or without nuts - in the mouth (that's an ugly metaphor).

But, if we're going to play the game at the absolute's level:

Never liver / never ever liver / the answer is never liver.

But I believe Vitanola is up:

(and this might help, from Wikipedia: A kolach (also spelled kolache, kolace or kolacky /kəˈlɑːtʃi, -tʃki/, from the Czech and Slovak plural koláče, sg. koláč) is a type of pastry that holds a portion of fruit, surrounded by a puffy cushion of supple dough.

Originating as a semisweet wedding dessert from Central Europe, they have become popular in parts of the United States. The name originates from the Czech, and originally Old Slavonic word kolo meaning "circle", "wheel". The word kolache may also be used to describe a meat filled pastry (esp. in some parts of Texas). However, this probably refers to a klobasnek. A klobasnek is often thought to be a variation of the kolach (koláče); however, most Czechs hold the distinction that kolache are only filled with non-meat fillings. Unlike kolache, which came to the United States with Czech immigrants, klobasniky were first made by Czechs that settled in Texas.)

Without

Lekvar or cheese filling in kolacky?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto