Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This or That

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Coca-Cola

William and Mary

h5_52.195.2a,b.jpg
or Chippendale?

0621.jpg

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Store. At least I know sanitation codes are being observed. I don't know that when it comes to some guy cutting up a deer in his driveway.

Pre-wrapped store meat or store meat individually cut at the counter?

Cut at the counter.

Prasky or Thuringer?

Regarding your point about sanitation codes, here in Southern Michigan the deer harvest us so large every hunting season that it supports a number of accredited and inspected butcher shops. Almost every hunter takes their catch in for professional processing. I love venison, but will only eat that which has been processed professionally.

Last edited:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We have a few of those "artisanal butcher shops" here, including a few run by our newly-arrived Amish population, but there are still plenty of Johnny P. Selfsufficient type of hunters who carve up the carcasses themselves. A gutted deer hanging outside the garage is as common a sight as Christmas lights left up all year round.

Cut at the counter.

Prasky or Thuringer?

Regarding your point about sanitation codes, here in Southern Michigan the deer harvest us so large every hunting season that it supports a number of accredited and inspected butcher shops. Almost every hunter takes their catch in for professional processing. I love venison, but will only eat that which has been processed professionally.
Thuringer!

Manchego or Gouda?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff