Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This "sucks"... the Hoover And Other Vintage Vacuum Cleaners

bobbydavis

One of the Regulars
Some more info on the history of Hoover.

IMG_0005.jpg
[/IMG]

bobbydavis

One of the Regulars
ALLHOOVERINFORMATION_0013.jpg
[/IMG]

There was nothing "special" about this machine. The chassis had been repainted an off-white by the Hoover Co. and the badge had been changed.
It was an ok machine. I sold it in 2009.

Warbaby

One Too Many
Not as vintage as some of the fine machines on this thread, but prolly old enough to warrant the vintage sobriquet:

RoyalHandVac.jpg

I found this blue beauty at a garage sale a couple of months age. Beautifully made and has massive suck! It's also got a rotating brush like a full-size upright. Does a beautiful job of picking up cat hair. That round thingy on the front is a removable cap that covers a hose fitting. Alas, the hose attachment didn't come with it, but with a little faith and a sharp eye I may someday find one.

bobbydavis

One of the Regulars
That was a good find. It looks like the Royal model 501 from 1978. I had a Dirt Devil that was similar to yours. It did a great job on furniture and cleaning the car. Keep checking eBay for parts and maybe your local vacuum repair company may be able to find an attachment hose.

bobbydavis

One of the Regulars
I received a metal polish recently called Autosol purchased on eBay.
It's made in Germany and is fantastic for polishing the aluminum
on the chassis of vacuum cleaners. If you use a buffing machine the shine
is great. It seems to do a better job than Mother's polish or NuFinish.

BD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui