Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Italian Vicenza Horsehide Full Grain Veg.-Tanned Horsehide for Aero Jackets

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
What's the difference between a d-pocket Ridley and a J106 - no belt on the Ridley?

There's no difference in the styling (you can get both the Ridley and J106 with or without a belt). The true difference is in the fit...the J106 is the traditional moto fit (wider shoulders/tapered waist) and the Ridley is the "slimfit" (slim shoulders, higher arm holes, slim sleeves and straight fit to the waist). The Ridley and the J106 look pretty much identical...the fit is the distinguishing factor!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Wow! The new Cream Vicenza is the perfect compliment to Aero's Sunburst design! The Sunburst back has a beautiful understated art deco design that looks incredible in the Cream Vicenza with matching stitching. This jacket is available for sale on our Featured Stock page right now--https://www.thurston-bros.com/collections/featured-stock

Aero Sunburst Cream Vicenza Horsehide size 40 front.jpg
Aero Sunburst Cream Vicenza Horsehide size 40 tag.jpg
Aero Sunburst Cream Vicenza Horsehide size 40 chest pocket.jpg
Aero Sunburst Cream Vicenza Horsehide size 40 cuff.jpg
Aero Sunburst Cream Vicenza Horsehide size 40 back.jpg
Aero Sunburst Cream Vicenza Horsehide size 40 back stitching.jpg
Aero Sunburst Cream Vicenza Horsehide size 40 black cotton sateen lining.jpg

Edward

Bartender
There's no difference in the styling (you can get both the Ridley and J106 with or without a belt). The true difference is in the fit...the J106 is the traditional moto fit (wider shoulders/tapered waist) and the Ridley is the "slimfit" (slim shoulders, higher arm holes, slim sleeves and straight fit to the waist). The Ridley and the J106 look pretty much identical...the fit is the distinguishing factor!

Aha! Thanks, Carrie.

Witchtrip

One of the Regulars
Wow! The new Cream Vicenza is the perfect compliment to Aero's Sunburst design! The Sunburst back has a beautiful understated art deco design that looks incredible in the Cream Vicenza with matching stitching. This jacket is available for sale on our Featured Stock page right now--https://www.thurston-bros.com/collections/featured-stock

View attachment 75879 View attachment 75880 View attachment 75881 View attachment 75882 View attachment 75883 View attachment 75884 View attachment 75885

Jesus, Carrie! Why do you have to keep posting things like this that make people regret decisions they labored over for months and were happy with... This jacket is one of the nicest I've seen. And I'm wary of cream/white. Wow.Beautiful.

Sree

New in Town
Hello All, this is Sree from North of Dallas, TX. Been lurking around here in the forum for quite some time learning all about leather jackets, and enjoying the beautiful jacket photos from fellow members. I have much more to learn. Great forum to be in, wealth of information and thank you all for sharing your thoughts and expertise.

Well, decided to take the plunge on getting myself a leather jacket. This is going to be my first one. It's mainly a business casual wear. I don't ride a bike that often. Reached out to Carrie and have requested a fit jacket, which I should be receiving today.

Thought to post my progress and contribute to the forum as well :) Sorry for the lengthy post.

I will post my fit jacket pictures shortly.

Here is my refinement and choice of jacket that I think I will go for:

Aero Seven with the following adjustments,
- Blackened brown color with super extra grainy FQHH vicenza - need that FQHH for sure , love that grain
- No shoulder gussets
- Four Pocket Design, angled and be original to BR style
- A subtle "V" yoke, single panel back
- Inside pocket with no zip or snap on button
- Arms stitching to line up with yoke stitching in the back ( Post 1307 page 66)
- Collar - thinking between August/highwayman. Carrie suggested August collar would be a nice option. Posting pictures below for references
- Arms - nice slim fit arms with hidden zippers in the back
- Debating between Antique Brass / Nickel hardware
- Diamond-Shaped Talon Pull on Chest Pockets
- Bell shaped Talon main zipper with horsehide toggles
- Bell shaped Talons on hand warmer pockets
- Main Zipper to start from closer to hem, don't need that high placement in my case
- Heering bone harris tweed with matching knits ( this liner choice seems to be not available anymore in the Lochcarron site.) Alternative lining, I'm eyeing on Kyle Check Tweed Light Weight Fabric with brown knits?

Here are my body measurements:
44" chest - breathed in expanded
42" relaxed - breathed out
43" Around tummy on naval
40" Waist
27.5" sleeve straight, measured to the base of my thumb
28" back( standard oxford UN-tucked shirt collar base to bottom hem)
Height = 6 feet and 2 inches (74")
Weight = 209lbs / 95 kg

August Collar:
August Collar.jpg

Highway man collar:
Highwayman collar.jpg

Liner choice: Kyle Check Tweed
Kyle check tweed.jpg

Bring it on folks, your thoughts and ideas!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
What does the cream look like after some wear. I love it, but how does it deal with dirt and water?

This color is a bit like the Natural Vicenza...you are going to see more of the wear due to the lighter color. Water is just fine (just let it dry naturally...preferably while you are still wearing it) and dirt will show (clean it off gently with mild soap and warm, then use a little leather lotion). This exposure will change the color, giving it a very interesting patina!

Sree

New in Town
Any idea on this liner name? I dig this one.
linerilike2.jpg

and what is this knit color? looks brown / rust?
knit i like.JPG

Attachments

• knit i like.JPG
    knit i like.JPG
    798 KB · Views: 146

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Here's another beauty to consider.... Aero Bronco A-2 in Black Vicenza Horsehide with Olive wool knits! The leather on this one is amazing--supple with just the right amount of grain! Check it out on our Featured Stock page--https://www.thurston-bros.com/collections/featured-stock

View attachment 75949 View attachment 75950 View attachment 75955 View attachment 75956 View attachment 75957 View attachment 75958 View attachment 75959
If it was a 46 to 48 you'd have yourself a sale today... ME!

Worf

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Custom Aero Sheene in Seal Vicenza Horsehide--this color is a perfect pairing with the Capercaillie tartan lining! The Sheene and the Seven are two very popular alternatives to the standard Highwayman...these two jackets have the styling of a Highwayman, but different fits! Contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to inquire about custom ordering and our fit jacket process.

https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

Aero Sheene Seal Vicenza Horsehide L7 Capercaillie tartan lining.jpg
Aero Sheene Seal Vicenza Horsehide L7 front.jpg
Aero Sheene Seal Vicenza Horsehide L7 tag.jpg
Aero Sheene Seal Vicenza Horsehide L7 sleeve zip.jpg
Aero Sheene Seal Vicenza Horsehide L7 back.jpg
Aero Sheene Seal Vicenza Horsehide L7 yoke grain.jpg

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Custom Aero Sheene in Seal Vicenza Horsehide--this color is a perfect pairing with the Capercaillie tartan lining! The Sheene and the Seven are two very popular alternatives to the standard Highwayman...these two jackets have the styling of a Highwayman, but different fits! Contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to inquire about custom ordering and our fit jacket process.

https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

View attachment 76307 View attachment 76308 View attachment 76310 View attachment 76311 View attachment 76312 View attachment 76313

Looks great Carrie. Unfortunately for me it was delivered about 3 hours after I left home for a week of interstate work, so its sitting there patiently for me to return. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points