Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie clip / tie bar

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
here's few I've gathered over the last couple of months or so; first as a group shot with some 1940's? cufflinks that sort of match the Lambourne clip-ish, the three bar have all lost some guilding though it is not reall y evident when worn
14mf2ie.jpg

I have a silver(tone) collar bar which is similar to the top two here; I rather like it as it mimics the effect of a collar pin. I also acquired one of the latter in classic safety-pin style from the same seller; luckily for my pocket they thought it was a diaper/nappy pin to be worn on the watch chain as a good luck item and listed it accordingly, so I won it for .99c, which I can't imagine happening had it been listed under its proper name... I picked up another collar clip (a rather skinny wire one) for a few (European) cents in the Netherlands whilst I was there last month but other than that my recourse has largely been to eBay. As Two Types notes, they don't seem to be so readily found over here in the UK, though I have found a few in brooch style (and will probably be disposing of a 9ct gold example of the latter in due course).

Tommy

One of the Regulars
I like ties bars, and they serve a useful purpose with my vintage ties (keeping the short end hidden) here are some tie bars from my collection.

003-11.jpg

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
When my grandfather passed away, I inherited this tie clip. I wear it daily, but occasionally I wear another tie clip. I believe it's vintage, and it says "Anson" on the back of it. I assume it's from about 1945-1970. If anyone knows when this specific tie clip is from, that would be useful.
4yzz98K.jpg

OQReg7R.jpg

GIIo7Em.jpg

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
My family went to the cape again to visit relatives last week, and while I was up there, I got these two vintage tie clips. The one on the top is made by Flex-Let Quality (or at least that's what it says on the back), and I got it at an antique store. The owner said that it was probably from the 60's or 70's, but I think it may be older. The second one (the longer one without the red stone) is from a church flea market. It's made by Swank, and I think it might be from the early 50's. They both are sliding tie clips. The one from the antique store was $15. The one from the flea market was $5. The flea market one has sticky black marks on it, does anyone know how to clean such marks off?
VtZQSrM.jpg
INPbwnZ.jpg
CbvDzyT.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana