Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tony Randall recommendations

schwammy

Familiar Face
The death of Tony Randall, along with a recent Roger Ebert reivew of "Down With Love," made me curious to see the movies Randall made with Rock Hudson and Doris Day. I would have regarded these as 'girl movies' beforehand, but I sort of enjoyed "Down With Love," mostly because of David Hyde Pierce, and the review said that 1959's "Pillow Talk" (after which "Down With Love" was patterned) was even better. Unfortunately, our local video stores didn't have it.

Providentially, a girl at our church happened to lend us a boxed set of all three Hudson/Day movies. I thoroughly enjoyed and highly recommend "Pillow Talk." It's a great movie, mostly because of Tony Randall. The second movie, 1961's "Lover, Come Back" is almost as good, though Tony Randall isn't quite as funny. Still, I was surprised how much my wife and I both laughed out loud. The third one, 1964's "Send Me No Flowers," wasn't nearly as good. But I do recommend the first two titles. Knowing what we now know about Rock Hudson didn't diminsh my enjoyment of these films at all. He was a very convincing leading man. And Tony Randall was very funny.

Or did I already say that?

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
He will always be Felix from The Odd Couple to me, but if you like Tony Randall flicks check out The Seven Faces of Doctor Lao (1964). He plays seven characters. It also stars Barbara Eden pre-I Dream of Jeannie days. She was a hot number.

Who wouldn't just fall head over heels with a gorgeous girl who wants to grant your every desire and calls you "master"?......Larry Hagman. He must have been gay.:p

I have totally gone off track. This is supposed to be about Tony Randall. Sorry Schwammy.

Now where is that bottle.........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points