Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tootal - The Company History and its products (ties, scarves etc)

And...this one. I've never come across a nasty Tootal before, but this has got to be it. Reminds me of when you leave a banana in the fruit bowl too long. Despite it all, I find its' ugliness endearing.

I really like this one Eddie. Reminds me of the late 50s/early sixties tiki scene. I've seen barkcloth Hawaiian shirts from the era in similar design and colors.
You should post it up in the show off your ties thread. We miss you guys over there.

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
DNO and BobHufford - thanks! I came really lucky with them, and I really like them!

Dh66 - I had not thought of that at all! It does indeed look a bit Bamboo-like. Perhaps could have done with another colour thrown in, maybe a red or something. Still reminds me of old bananas though :p I shall post it and a few others to the main tie thread later :) Sorry I haven't been posting much of my own recently, I've just been super busy with one thing and another.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Eddie, those are fantastic. I am overwhelmed.

The horse racing paisley Tootal tie is mental. You can't keep it! You have to swap it with me! Name your price. I'll consider anything .....
I'm green with envy!

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Eddie, those are fantastic. I am overwhelmed.

The horse racing paisley Tootal tie is mental. You can't keep it! You have to swap it with me! Name your price. I'll consider anything .....
I'm green with envy!

Thanks TT! I've been VERY lucky really, and got some bargains. The racing tie - I about fainted when I saw it! It wasn't cheap, but I snapped it off the stand in the vintage shop quicker than anything!
I'm proud of that striped scarf too. It really does look like a club or university scarf or something. I reckon that label is the older one, but it isn't sewn all around it, and is on the right rather than the left, which is where I thought the older ones had their labels.

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
The more I've studied this tie, the more I think it's definitely a Tootal. Since the recent acquisition of that old black 'Standard', and also looking at my oldest scarf, the cloth matches them. Also, it completely matches the construction of the black one, down to length, the reinforced stitching around the neck, and the angular construction to the rear of the blades. I posted it originally in the main tie thread, but here it is re-scanned and in its rightful place.

The black one again for comparison:

ernesto

New in Town
Tootal ties sport quality
23064659ee.jpg

23064660mf.jpg

23064667hd.jpg

ernesto

New in Town
They are two sports quality , two red quality, one standard quality brown with dots , one red quality in blue , two tootal green quality , one black quality

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112