Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unpopular movie opinions...

Edward

Bartender
Hey, if it's all just full of Gobo's Uncle "Travelling" Matt and his Outer Space voyages among the Silly Creatures, I'd be perfectly happy!

rue

Hey, if it's all just full of Gobo's Uncle "Travelling" Matt and his Outer Space voyages among the Silly Creatures, I'd be perfectly happy!

I knew there was something different about you Edward.... :p

My oldest (8 yrs old) would love Fraggle Rock movie. He hasn't seen any of the shows, but loves The Muppet Show, so he'll get a kick out of this.

I suppose so, but it's just odd after all these years [huh]

Rathdown

Practically Family
If you don't see the political and sociological allegories in Star Wars then you just aren't looking for them.

Star Wars is and was always intended to be a metaphor for the Vietnam war. Its the project that Lucas made when he couldn't make Apocalypse Now. The Empire of course represents the United States, and the rebels are the North Vietnamese. More directly the Ewoks in Jedi represent the Vietcong, fighting and defeating an onslaught of high technology.

The great theme of all 6 Star Wars films is that man vs technology. At the end of episode 4, Luke is robbed of his technology (his targeting computer and R2 D2) and must attack the Death Star with his wits (and the Force) rather than rely on his gadgets. This all comes from Lucas' love and yet mistrust of technology.

The last 3 films are an Allegory for the Nixon administration. Of course the whole thing is a left wing hippie fantasy, wrapped up in a very entertaining package.

Doug
Doug, in the nicest possible way, you're nuts if you believe this! ;)

Last edited:

bil_maxx

One of the Regulars
I don't get the Quentin Tarantino thing. I think his movies are just violent, completely confused crap. Pick any one of them, they generally have the same story line and incredible violence.

bil_maxx

One of the Regulars
The Dark Knight is basically just an elaborate 70's cop film. Another watch it once and forget about it film.

Doug

That is one of the worst films ever, and I love most of the other Batman movies.

The Dark Knight plot makes no sense at all. It is so elaborate and full of gigantic coincidences that it totally grates on my nerves.

Why does Bruce Wayne burn everything in the makeshift batcave? No one knows about it except Alfred?
How does the Joker escape a locked cell and the central lockup in police headquarters?
How does the Joker not get blown up by his own bomb as he stands next to it?
Why does Harvey have to impersonate Batman?
How does Batman know he can time the bazooka shot perfectly so that he doesn't kill Harvey.
Why does it take so long for the police to answer the call when they know where Harvey and Rachel are?

Sorry for the rant, but this is a very short list of things that totally irritate me about the movie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112