• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

USA made jeans - looking for opinions

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by shadowrider, Jul 5, 2017.

1. robrinay

robrinay Practically Family

Wrangler don't seem to sell their original made in the USA 'Cowboy Cut' jeans in the UK which are mentioned above. They used to sell them under that name and sometimes as Wrangler 'store brands' but all had the specification 13MWZ on the inside label, which I assume means 13 ounce denim as opposed to the 14 oz US versions referred to earlier? I guess these were made in the Wrangler factory which used to be just outside Nottingham. I've picked up a few pairs from retro clothing shops and eBay fortunately - they are ideal jeans to wear with the shorter vintage leather jackets in my collection, owing to their hi-rise style. My current go to jeans are Levi's 511's - slim fit and with a bit of stretch. As a youth I found that Lee Rider 101's fitted me best of all but as with the modern LVC range their modern pricing is crazy high in the UK and period originals are well out of my price range.

2. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Robinray as I've said before just order on line. I just ordered three pairs of 13MWZ's from Sheplers which, even when post is paid for, is cheaper than one pair of 501's from the shop down the street here.

robrinay likes this.
  3. shadowrider

shadowrider One of the Regulars

Unfortunately they're out of my price range.

4. runningbare

runningbare New in Town

How do you like the roundhouse jeans you ordered? I would like a pair.Do they shrink a lot?

5. Bfd70

Bfd70 One of the Regulars

At your price range i recommend Dearborn denim

6. Foch

Foch New in Town

I really like my Prison Blues. I got them for my son when he started working construction and he swears by them

7. CBI

CBI Practically Family

Brave Star Selvage and Tellison. Brave Star having a great sea right now!!!!!