Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

USPS packages that say "DELIVERED TO MAILROOM" ?

green papaya

One Too Many
I ordered a few items on Ebay and checked the tracking and it says it's arrived and has been DELIVERED TO THE MAILROOM , whats this mean? they usually put small packages in my mailbox that I open with a key next to my house, I never heard of a "MAILROOM" ? where would that be? is it possibly on hold because of media mail or something?

one package was supposed to be standard shipped free shipping, probably media mail?

and the other was supposed to be USPS First class, but the tracking for that one also says delivered to MAILROOM?

but both packages are marked as "Delivered" even though I didnt get anything in my mail box?

Last edited:
Might be that the Postal Service is making the "last mile" delivery to your residence. Many shippers use other carriers (UPS, for instance) to take the shipments as far as a postal facility and then leave it to USPS to take them to their final destinations.

Just a guess.

green papaya

One Too Many
just called the PO, they said it was because my mailbox was damaged, somebody tampered with it and they couldnt get it open

they were holding my mail until they could repair the box

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points