Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson America Jacket........

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Hello all........I'm looking hard at this jacket, anyone here have it? Any thoughts ? let it rip!!
TREEMAN....

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
I see that there are plenty of reviews on the model B. What i'm interested at this time is how people that have this jacket feel about the flag and the red white and blue accents. Are they glad they got the red white and blue stuff or did they tire of it. So on and so forth..........Are they still pleased with the looks of the jacket? Also, could someone post a pic of them wearing this jacket?

Last edited:

IXL

One Too Many
Feature-wise, the America lacks the side-belts found on the Model B. I own both a Model B and the Model B House Deluxe (available from Insurrection/ThurstonBros) and both jackets are just fantastic riding wear. Not to mention, they look pretty groovy when off the bike, too.

IXL

One Too Many
While I don't have the America, I do own a Schott Easy Rider, which features the stripes, sans flag. The Vanson is the better product for riding, though the Schott is still a good, solid garment. I've never grown tired of the stripes but still can't decide whether the flag would be something to have on a jacket.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the input IXL.......I have the Schott 641 and love it. I never considered the Vanson America at all and blew past it all the time on there website. But all of a sudden I think its great, can't stop looking at it!! I must have it !!!!! All I seem to be thinkin about lately is leather jackets, really!!

Edward

Bartender
As a rule, I am not a fan of flags on a jacket, or any other garment for that matter (this may or may not be connect to a childhood in Northern Ireland in the 70s and 80s....). I've been known to reject some garments which had a flag prominently on them; I recall at one point looking at a jacket that had a woven flag label on the outside - I'd have cut it off had I kept it. The only thing I can ever remember wearing with flags on it has been old West German military kit. These days, the one thing I'm looking at consciously putting a flag on with be on the blood chit on an AVG jacket....

I imagine it's down to what sort of person you are, and whether you like the attention the flag and other touches may or may not garner. TBH, I hated Easy Rider, absolutely loathed it, so I don't imagine I'd be the target market for it anyhow. ;) For my money, though, the stripes alone is a more subtle look, albeit that if I was gonig for a cafe racer, it'd be basic black alone.

Which is a long-winded way of saying it's all subjective personal choice, really. I'd also consider how much wear you might get out of it. A lot of folks tend to prefer a plain A2 over a patched one, for example, because they feel albe to wear a plain one to the office, or out and about without attracting attention or whatever. If you don't mind it standing out and tink you'll wear it often (rather than reaching for a more incognito piece), then it might be for you.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I had that jacket for about a year, mine had silver zippers & hardware (the stock model is brass hardware). I liked it, and for certain occasions it was nice. Great on the motorcycle as it increased your visibility over a standard black jacket considerably. However as others have indicated it's a bit flashy and I decided this was not what I was after anymore.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like the stripes not so much the flag, but then again I'm not American.

Vanson are pretty good with custom, why not explain your hesitation and order it without the flag attached but included. You can then decide if you like it and have it sown on at a later date if you do want it?

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
If you like it, get it. It's very iconic, and the vast majority of folks out there would recognise it for what it is. I think it's cool.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Here's what mine looked like...
Vanson_America_02.JPG Vanson_America_01.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm