Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson vs Aero vs. Schott

onstar

One of the Regulars
How does Vanson/Schott/Aero fit?

Iam eying an Aero halfbelt or Sturat jacket from insurrection. I am curious about the fitting of these jackets. I dont want to do the shipping back and forth thing. Im a size 40 in a Schott 141 and vanson enfeild and size 42 for a model B.

jksu

Familiar Face
they do fit different, at least their stock sizes, but it also depends on the model and year/cut. best to measure a jacket you already have that fits you well and try to get those same measures in whatever brand you buy.

a stock size 40 schott 141 for me runs wide/loose in the chest/torsoe and short in the arms. vanson, similarly runs short in the arms for me in a stock size 40 but is more snug in the chest/torsoe (at least the italia model). fox creek in 40 has nice longish arms and fits my shoulders/chest perfectly.

aero's are mostly custom. their stock sizes on some jackets run on the larger side, especially they more boxy but popular highwayman. i bought one used horsehide highwayman off a fellow fedoralounger and i love it, but it would approximate a 38/36 stock highwayman with 1-2" extra length in the arms.

bottom line, know what measurements you want...

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Best talk to Insurrection. It's not just about if a jacket fits, it's about how you like it to fit. Discuss this with Wade or Carrie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana