• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Vintage Car Thread - Discussion and Parts Requests

Discussion in 'The Golden Era' started by FedoraGent, Jul 5, 2010.

1. 59Lark

59Lark A-List Customer

any body on this forum know of a edsel club, my friend brownie just bought a 58 ford edsel coupe and wonders if there I s a club, he is looking for some parts, it has the push button transmission and someone changed it and he wants to put it back original, am happy for him to go back to this era of car, he had a chevy from the sixities and it was far too common for my tastes as I am a orphan lover Studebaker being my own 59lark.

2. https://www.google.com/search?q=edsel+club&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

3. I just wrote up a piece on a '59 Edsel!

INTERNATIONAL EDSEL CLUB
    1215 Houston Drive
    Murfreesboro, Tennessee, 37130
    www.internationaledsel.com
    Dues: $30/yr. (U.S.); $40/yr (Int’l)

EDSEL OWNERS CLUB
    1740 NW 3rd Street
    Gresham, Oregon, 97030
    www.edselclub.org
    Dues: $35/yr (U.S.); $40/yr (Can.); $45/yr (Int’l)

4. With snow now on the ground, the time has come to mothball the Plodge for another year. Had it on the road exactly nine months in 2017, for 1516 miles. This was the most trouble-free year in the five years I've owned it, with the only major repair being the replacement of bearings and a set of rear-axle seals. One grease job and one oil change occured over the summer, and I replaced the jiggle-cap on the rear axle vent, which had stuck closed, causing the seal failure.
    Also needed one new front tire and an alignment after an unfortunate encounter with a pothole in the spring.

Total mileage on the car now stands at 102,989, with 11,807 miles since the engine rebuild.

5. Seems like good evidence that driving old cars is the best thing you can do for them!

6. Yep. That can be said for "old stuff" in general. Use it for the purpose for which it was manufactured, maintain it as needed, and you'll both be happy.

vitanola and David Conwill like this.
  7. Big Man

Big Man My Mail is Forwarded Here

We had a little snow here in Western NC over the weekend.

FB_IMG_1513045949297.jpg