Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Goatskin Langlitz Motorcycle Jacket – 30 years Plus

technovox

One Too Many
I thought this might be of interest to anyone who is wondering about the kind of patina a goatskin jacket can attain after several years of wear. I scored this vintage goatskin Langlitz Cascade jacket a few months ago and I finally got it back from the repair shop yesterday (it needed a little sprucing up and a new lining.) At the very minimum the jacket is about 30 years old. Quite possibly more. (The folks at Langlitz tell me the label on it was in use from 1957 to 1984.)

LanglitzMain.jpg

LanglitzCuff.jpg

LanglitzBack.jpg

LanglitzPocket.jpg

LanglitzSleeve.jpg

LanglitzHandPocket.jpg

LanglitzLabel.jpg

GregO

One of the Regulars
Some of the nicest grain and patina I have seen on goat, a hide that typically doesn't show much of either. Really nice little jacket. How does it fit?

technovox

One Too Many
Some of the nicest grain and patina I have seen on goat, a hide that typically doesn't show much of either. Really nice little jacket. How does it fit?
I like the fit. It's maybe a bit shorter than most of the jackets that I've custom ordered, but these days, I'm leaning more and more toward a shorter length and I like the look. Everything is spot on- it feels like wearing a very soft and supple glove.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Very nice, plain minimalist look. I much prefer the center zipper over the cross zip. I like it!

technovox

One Too Many
Very nice, plain minimalist look. I much prefer the center zipper over the cross zip. I like it!
Yep- I really fell hard when I saw this one. It's a Cascade body with a center zip and spread collar... I was surprised such a combo was even possible in a Langlitz.

pawineguy

One Too Many
A rare bird indeed, and I love how deep the grain has gotten. The best part (I'm assuming) is that unlike other older jackets, this is not fragile in any way.

technovox

One Too Many
A rare bird indeed, and I love how deep the grain has gotten. The best part (I'm assuming) is that unlike other older jackets, this is not fragile in any way.
Correct- it's Goatskin, so it takes a beating, impervious to rain and the elements. And the other good part is that the Goatskin seems to be ideal for this temperate climate- super pliable and comfortable.

lucky23

One of the Regulars
Correct- it's Goatskin, so it takes a beating, impervious to rain and the elements. And the other good part is that the Goatskin seems to be ideal for this temperate climate- super pliable and comfortable.
So true. Ive had my goatskin Langlitz Columbia since 1987 and its the best riding jacket I've ever owned. I prefer the offset zipper for colder riding conditions. My grain is just starting to look worn in after many years of heavy use.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana