Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Hunting Clothes

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Both of these are plaid and from the 1940s, but neither was made for the hunting market- both were meant as casualwear.

Shanhouse

Albert Richard

That top one reminds me of an older, much cooler version of the style that is so prevalent now that has yokes and pocket trim of that real tree type camouflage on a solid colored shirt or jacket.
08a21325f8d0a5b889990fe9dc618fcb.jpg

These are apparently the height of fall fashion down this way.

The one on bottom is just plain cool. It's a great looking coat either way.

Last edited:

IXL

One Too Many
That top one reminds me of an older, much cooler version of the style that is so prevalent now that has yokes and pocket trim of that real tree type camouflage on a solid colored shirt or jacket.
08a21325f8d0a5b889990fe9dc618fcb.jpg

These are apparently the height of fall fashion down this way.

The one on bottom is just plain cool. It's a great looking coat either way.

Every now and again, the real Okie in me comes out: I kind of like that Browning jacket.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I'd be interested to know what date this comes from. It's a Woolrich coat but there are no union labels.
Woolrich%201_zpskonnra4u.jpg

Woolrich%202_zpstrxcbczk.jpg

the handwarmer pockets on this jacket are really deep. They reach all the way down to the bottom of the coat.

rear pocket:
Woolrich%203_zpso9wgugmz.jpg

this was in the pocket. I assume it's a tachograph?
Woolrich%204_zps5nbrwecw.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
That one was made in the mid 1940s. They used those unmarked snaps and that label during the war and immediately after. The handwarmer pockets double as access to the game pouch. Earlier hunting coats and vests often had access on the front seam (see the half-moon pocket vests and some of the canvas jackets earlier in this thread). Woolrich consolidated the two.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for that. It's my son's jacket. I picked it up for him at 'Beyond Retro' in London for about £40. Not bad for a 1940s jacket (not that he cares when it was made he just likes it).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto