Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Levi's Jacket

token56

New in Town
I have a Levi's Jean jacket,#'s on tag read - WPL 423 - 75068 0227 (Top Neck Tag) The inside tag reads - WPL 423 -985 3-8 8660 3-5. Has a back waist Tag with all the Leiv's Strauss stuff and a date that appeares to be - May 20 1871
It looks like it has some age to it, but I couldn't begin to tell you how much. Features a 6 button closure with Gold color/Copper like buttons
2 Chest flap pockets with buttons and 2 hand warmer like pockets
A pleated/Flared typ back for a fitted look
Button cuffs and a 2 button adjustable waist
Can you tell me anything about it's age /and or it's worth. You can see it on e-bay with #8365600135
Thanks ... Don

airfrogusmc

Suspended
Looks to me to be a trucker and those weren't introduced until the early 60s I think??? Not sure about the exact time but late 50s early 60s? Sump'm like that anyway. Heres a repro of the older style levis jackets and I'd guess the tag says 1971 not 1871.
This is a LVC repeo but it gives you an idea of what the older style was. Buckel back loose fit etc.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Levis-506-XX-Bi...832625429QQcategoryZ52755QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

token56

New in Town
Thanks a million

Man, you guys are great. Thanks a bunch for the help and the fast response. I certainly appreciate it. I really don't know much about older clothing (Even tho I'm an olddie Myself. If you don't mind, Maybe you could help me with another jacket, I believe that it is from the 70's as well. It's a "Monsieur" Lauro Leather, RN # 49991. I have been searching the web for a couple weeks now and cannot find a thing about it. I'm wanting to list it on ebay but need to know more about what i'm talking about first. Thanks again. Don.

P.S. Is it ok to keep asking questions as I need to, or will that make me a pest?

token56

New in Town
"Monsieur" Lauro Leather

Man, you guys are great. Thanks a bunch for the help and the fast response. I certainly appreciate it. I really don't know much about older clothing (Even tho I'm an olddie Myself. If you don't mind, Maybe you could help me with another jacket, I believe that it is from the 70's as well. It's a "Monsieur" Lauro Leather, RN # 49991. I have been searching the web for a couple weeks now and cannot find a thing about it. I'm wanting to list it on ebay but need to know more about what i'm talking about first. Thanks again. Don in Flint
P.S. Is it ok to keep asking questions as I need to, or will that make me a pest?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points