Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage neon signs

Crystal City. Arlington, VA.

259326febf1fb9f199ba87c8422f7c5a.jpg

Well, having an 1130 PM redeye out of Anchorage, and needing to check out of the hotel well before that, I had some time to kill Thursday. So, I went for a walk. Anchorage is chock-full of some older buildings and signage. A sampling from downtown Anchorage:

First, the closed 4th Avenue Theater. I think it's been a nightclub at some point, but is currently vacant.
Picture1.jpg

Army/Navy Surplus - now mostly newer outerwear, etc.
Picture2.jpg

The Club 25, which apparently started out as a Ladies' gathering place, but is now a coffee/tea place (that serves not-so-good coffee)
Picture3.jpg
Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg
Picture6.jpg

I stopped in this place, the Paris Club, for lunch one day. Old line steak and seafood house with high-backed booths and a curved marble bar. I can vouch for their hamburgers, at least. And good cole slaw, which is always important.

Picture7.jpg

OK, the last one's not neon, but it was pretty cool. This faced on the alley side of the building. I think somebody is living in an apartment on the second floor.

Picture8.jpg

f4c51e2134530c473d6f9f3579a56381.jpg

While not technically the kind of neon we like to see around here, this one's too good not to share. In spite of some of the more dubious cuts of meat they might serve, Sweet Daddy's dishes up some darn fine southern soul food staples to go along with the q, black eye peas, mac & cheese, greens, candied yams, fried okra, all that good stuff.....

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112