Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage neon signs

Mean Eyed Matt

One Too Many
New Orleans: "Steel Products Co."
24933922tv.jpg

Memphis, TN: 2 x Beale Street
24933923hb.jpg

24933925vg.jpg

Mean Eyed Matt, haven't been to Miami in awhile, but your pictures are awesome and my memory is that Miami and South Beach are treasure troves of pre-and-post-war Art Deco and neon.

Will do Dale!

This place is the first rescue as it's about gone -- Lurvey's Motel about five blocks east.

lurveys.jpg

lurveysnow.jpg

Since the land Lurvey's is on is getting developed for an industrial park, I plan to move the buildings to a nice lot on the corner of what was then Route 66 and Highway 65. The building exteriors will be restored and the interiors fitted with modular restaurant equipment and leased out to "food truck" type start-ups. I'll call it "Road Houses". The land around it will have restored / recreated neons from former motels and businesses that were in the neighborhood. This property is 2.89 acres and the outer road (between the lot and the K-Mart parking lot) is an original curve of Route 66. The lot is for sale for $1.2 million. So, yes, I need the lottery win.

26142889205_c3f8db3ed4_z.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto