Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage neon signs

Kahuna

One of the Regulars
I found these while driving through tiny Pomeroy, WA last weekend. I'm thinking the owner of this corner property is a collector as the signs were in much too good shape to be unrestored. Bless collectors for keeping this part of our history.
0709161226a%20Large%20e-mail%20view.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Joe50's

Familiar Face
image.jpg
image.jpg
ran across these two pictures showing just how much neon marysville once had on its mainstreet now what is left is the marque of tower theatre and some signs on side streets most of the buildings on the right side of the first picture down to the blck car driving were torn down in the 77 as the city was trying to clear out the older buildings the lyric theatre in the lot that looked a tad slummy with a run down marque and two bars adjacent to it but it was actually a turn of the century theatre that originaly held sideshow acts and the owner would cover the outside with sideshow posters and paint a false front to make it look like a circus tent
the buildings on the left were also demolished in 77 to make way for a mervyns parking lot one of them was one of the first macys which failed sending one of the founders to new york where they tried again on 34th street

LizzieMaine

Bartender
"Yeah, izzis the neon sign company? Lissen, I need a sign for my place. Yeh, my place. I built it, an' I wanna have my name onnit, big electric letters. "Scad." No, not "scab," I never crossed a picket line in my life, whoya think ya kiddin? "S-C-A-D." That's my name. Lou Scad. Used to be Scadowski, but I changed it, you know, ta sound betta."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112