• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Vintage neon signs

Discussion in 'The Golden Era' started by Blackthorn, Jul 21, 2014.

1. ⇧ be cool to see the mustang lit up. It doesn't look like it does as there don't appear to be the neon tubes to do it, but it would be really cool if they had given the mustang "motion."

dh66 likes this.
  2. The ones that move are a next level of cool. Very few of those left around these parts. Even fewer that still work.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Fading Fast likes this.

3. I didn't shoot this video, but here's a good one from a little town down the road from here, Anniston, AL. It was recently restored.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4. You can really feel the Era in this outstanding sign and in the full scene. Anyone happen to know the words printed just below "GM" in that very cool Art Deco sign?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    1mach1 likes this.
  5. [​IMG][​IMG]

Rob

dh66, 1mach1 and BobHufford like this.
  6. General Motors Parts.

Fading Fast likes this.
  7. You gotta love that it has "100% Refrigerated Air -" much better than plain old air-conditioning. And say what you want, if I'm interpreting the sign correctly, all that "refrigerated air" is doing its job as the "vacancy" part of the sign is not lit.

Ghostsoldier likes this.
  8. Thank you. Did you just know that is is your screen that much superior to mine?

9. It's on quite a few signs of the era.

Fading Fast likes this.
  10. [​IMG][​IMG]

Rob

BobHufford, dh66 and Fading Fast like this.
  11. [​IMG][​IMG]

Rob

dh66, Fading Fast and BobHufford like this.
  12. That shot of the "Sea Dip" is iconically period defining. (Plus, I love the top of the "S" sticking out above the building.) (Plus, I love the name "Sea Dip") (Plus, I'm out of plusses.)

dh66 and Ghostsoldier like this.
  13. [​IMG][​IMG]

Rob

Fading Fast, dh66 and BobHufford like this.
  14. [​IMG][​IMG]

Rob

dh66, BobHufford and Fading Fast like this.
  15. [​IMG]

Rob

dh66, BobHufford and Fading Fast like this.
  16. ⇧ What's the thinking, did 7-Up pay for all / part of the sign to get put on it?

17. I'm thinking it was a promotional advertising deal, where 7-Up provided the sign at a lower cost...at least, I'm sure that's how Coca-Cola did it.

Rob

Fading Fast likes this.
  18. Antwerp Belgium[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk