Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Picking and Road Tripping with Dinerman

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Great story once again DM. I know that pain of turning up in a town and the vintage/charity shops are shut for no explicable reason! And some cool shots of the tiki bar - I wish we had stuff like that here!
The pleat back corduroy sounds interesting too - I'd love to see a picture if you're selling! :) I assume it's a blazer?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
I once went to Filey and all the charity shops were shut except for one in which I got a couple of decent ties , sadly one of the other charity shops had a vintage section visible through the window with some decent looking stuff in it....oh the pain!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
The pleat back corduroy sounds interesting too - I'd love to see a picture if you're selling! :) I assume it's a blazer?

It's a blazer from the late '50s, the same brand and style worn by Elvis on the cover of "Elvis is Back!" and in "King Creole", by Cornel Wilde in "The Devil's Hairpin" and by Eddie Cochran.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I have been following along in the hopes he scores so big guy stuff lol all his coats and jackets from the last trip were below a 42 and I was bigger than that when I was 12 LOL

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I've been on a roll with the bigger vintage. Found a size 48 1950s corduroy last week, have a size 52 leather barnstormer up now.

Last edited:

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I will just giving you a hard time Diner, I watch daily and there are plenty no offense meant and hope none taken. Tone can be hard to convey via text. Off to another topic, Idaho was one of my favorite states when I drove across country, looking forward to seeing the pics

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Here's the first little bit from the road. The internet here is spotty at best. Made some good finds yesterday. We'll see what the rest of today and tomorrow turn up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider