Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage pics galore!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I was just doing some research on image stock libraries at work and stumbled across the Illustrated London News picture library: http://www.ilnpictures.co.uk/

It's an archive of the first illustrated newspaper, started in 1842, and apparently still going; and other publications like the Tatler and the one I'd most like to see: Britannia and Eve. The description looks fascinating!

"Billed as a monthly magazine for men and women, this title ran from 1928 to 1958. Filled with romantic fiction, recipes, fashion, gossip on film stars, health and beauty tips, [and] give-aways of “signed” famous Hollywood film stars"

I only had a quick flick on the site, but the "Fashion" section in particular has some fascinating old ads from the late 1800s and a lot of fashion illustrations and photos - I saw a lot from the 1920s. Beware though, there are an absolute ton of illustrated 1940s pin-ups and quite a look of them are topless - so probably NSFW. Although I am obviously at work! Oops! (lucky the preview pics are small!)

Sorry if this has been posted before!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana