Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Sailor Dresses

Jirina

New in Town
sixsexsix, stunning sailor dress!

I love sailor dresses and i wear the sailor style often in the summer.
Here's my sailor dress. The dress is from the 80's but it is quite simple.

max_4a1e55119c3fc.jpg

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
I have a total crush on sailor dresses too. :rolleyes:

I will NEVER find one in my size, so I plan to draft one, gonna check out that link from ShoreRoadLady for the pattern. I would love to make this in BLACK with HOT PINK trim!

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
Yay! I hope we get lots more posts on this thread now that it's spring and beach weather is coming. I can't get enough of vintage sailor style!

I have been lusting after Edwardian and 1920s sailor dresses like the ones cherry lips posted... so I put together a "fake" 20s style dress using an antique cotton slip with a 1940s sailor uniform shirt over it. Voila! Instant nautical flapper frock.

sailor2-1.jpg

sailor1-1.jpg

Drappa

One Too Many
Where are they sold, because I have checked her Etsy a few times and can never see that pattern? Maybe I am just being stupid... :D

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Hi ladies! I'm so happy a friend pointed me in the direction of this thread. *waves*

I too love sailor dresses, tops, accessories, etc. I have several sailor dresses, a few tops, sweaters and two sailor coats. ;0 Now, I've got to go back through this thread and drool over the items!

Anchors away!
X
BD

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Amy Jeanne (+ Lauren) that's gorgeous! I especially like the shorts.
I have several sailor dresses, a few tops, sweaters and two sailor coats. ;0 Now, I've got to go back through this thread and drool over the items!
Anchors away!
X
BD
Black Dahlia, please post pics of your nautical wardrobe in this thread! It sounds wonderful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko