Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Shot Glasses

John Galt

Vendor
Sterling "just a swallow"

6a8ahamu.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
Glad I'm not totally self-indulgent ;-) There were two of the swallow glasses when I bought it, but sadly, I could not afford both. It is a real piece of art.

Here is a relatively rare one, the "Real McKee" bottoms up shot glass with ashtray, in jadeite, circa 1920's.

gy7e8a9a.jpg

It's got the patent number 77725 at the figure's feet.

And some well done modern versions from the same molds.

jytahuta.jpg

ude3yzuh.jpg

This last is a cheaper knock off from a different mold, but the ashtray is an original McKee.

ru7a4u5a.jpg

Last edited:

John Galt

Vendor
Not sure of age or the pattern, except that it's an EAPG - but it's a double sided glass jigger. Rarely seen, especially in EAPG.

ejuge2uh.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
This is a McKee pattern if I remember correctly, the "Aztec." It's an 1800's pressed glass shot, pretty hard to find.

azymere5.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
Figural wolf shot glass in pewter. These are sometimes plated in gold, and you can find elk, foxes, and even a bear, I believe. I have a matching ash tray somewhere that is much rarer.

6ypeguvy.jpg

uja8ahy8.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
Playboy "Femlin" shot glass and original (Kansas City) Playboy Club key. Circa 1950's. This was one of my first vintage shot glasses, and the research was what got me hooked.

herume5y.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
More risqué shots. This one is by Libby, I believe.

2yjadusa.jpg

upybanu3.jpg

Here's a depression tall one in a similar style.

aru8a5uq.jpg

ugepyqy5.jpg

And a more modern glass,"Sour Venus" schnapps:

ybyqemyz.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
Not vintage, but collectible and risqué. Part of a four glass set, I believe, with recipes for each drink on the back.

ze6ybema.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
1890's brilliant cut glass. I didn't shine it up, and it's not crystal, so it's not so brilliant at the moment. It is a "pineapple and strawberry" pattern.

u6ere9eg.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
One more that doesn't look too cool, but which I consider quite collectible. It's a Bartlett-Collins Glass Co. Souvenir shot glass from a convention in May of 1931 during national Prohibition in the US (which ended in December of 1933). The writing is very faded.

abebysa9.jpg

avyvy2yh.jpg

enazaje2.jpg

Nice ones. Is the pewter wolf's head one from Germany? I seem to remember seeing stag head ones similar to that when I was over there.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

John Galt

Vendor
Nice ones. Is the pewter wolf's head one from Germany? I seem to remember seeing stag head ones similar to that when I was over there.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Yes, that's right. I spend all my time researching hats now, but it used to be shot glasses. I believe all or most of these figural pewter glasses were made in Germany. Interestingly, the stags have been seen again the last decade from time to time as a promotion with Goldschlaggen (did I get that right?) cinnamon schnapps, I think.

Edit - It's Jaegermeister, here's a modern set on eBay right now:

me3y2uju.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko