Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Silhouettes Custom Hats - Official Affiliate Thread

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just PM'd Art about a new Milan and am a little undecided about the style. Any suggestions from you guys? I'm thinking about the style of DJH's Duelist on page 18 of this thread, but I'm open to suggestions.

Denton

One of the Regulars
I love Art's Milans. If I were to order another one, it would probably be similar to Ed Wiser's -- tall crown, center dent, wide black ribbon. Mine has an optimo crown. I couldn't be happier with it.

emigran

Practically Family
I much prefer the Milan straw dress hat to a regular white Panama. I think it's far more distinctive and interesting. I used to look with envy on those vintage straws that I'd see members here occasionally picking up and that I couldn't find (because I'm a 63), but Art's Milans are as close to those old beauties as you're going to find today.

Don't have a Panama as yet but DO have a VS Milan (see avatar) it is extraordinary in the hand ( and on the head too...)... I think I would like a porkpie Milan next...

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Don't have a Panama as yet but DO have a VS Milan (see avatar) it is extraordinary in the hand ( and on the head too...)... I think I would like a porkpie Milan next...
A porkpie's a great idea. Along similar lines, Sunbody has a Gambler that's a cool style and that'd make a killer Milan. Hmmm.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I just PM'd Art about a new Milan and am a little undecided about the style. Any suggestions from you guys? I'm thinking about the style of DJH's Duelist on page 18 of this thread, but I'm open to suggestions.

That is a "C" crown block Bob. One of my favorites. Emigran, I'll start working on a Pork Pie to show this week. I've not tried one yet.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
MAY EVENT !!!
I'm happy to announce a roll back of pricing for the period from May 17 to June 17 to my 2010 pricing of 100% beaver hats to $310 ( from $385), Joey felt to $225 ( from $275) and Milans to $300 (from $350). I'm sorry but I cannot apply the $50 discount for the Hats for Vets program in this case.
I will ask Ed to put this announcement on the website also. If interested please just email or PM and we will get you in the queue,
Happy Spring

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up

Yes, a gambler style Milan would be very cool.

Hey, Art - I was looking for Milan pricing on your site and couldn't find anything. Could you share here (or send me via message if not). Thanks!

Edit - Aggrrrgggh you beat me to it [emoji1][emoji1]

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate

Hey, Art - I was looking for Milan pricing on your site and couldn't find anything. Could you share here (or send me via message if not). Thanks!

Thanks David, consider yourself "in the queue" I'm sorry but I have been lagging in getting Ed the Straw info. I bought a home a few months ago that is a total fixer upper and all spare time has been going to get it move in ready. Too many projects, not enough time

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
gulp...you want me to do WHAT???

Thanks Art - you might not want to do it when I show you what I'm thinking of. [emoji1]

Eliesti

A-List Customer
MAY EVENT !!!
I'm happy to announce a roll back of pricing for the period from May 17 to June 17 to my 2010 pricing of 100% beaver hats to $310 ( from $385), Joey felt to $225 ( from $275) and Milans to $300 (from $350). I'm sorry but I cannot apply the $50 discount for the Hats for Vets program in this case.
I will ask Ed to put this announcement on the website also. If interested please just email or PM and we will get you in the queue,
Happy Spring

How long is the wait for the queue for beaver hats?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana