Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Silhouettes Custom Hats - Official Affiliate Thread

Mason Rudesheim

New in Town
Just a simple question, I've seen many of Art's masterpieces, but it seems that most are the "century" felt (100% beaver) and yet I am not aware of any picture of hats made with the "legacy" felt (beaver and mink blend). I have just been wondering does anyone own a legacy felt hat from Vintage Silhouettes and if so could they show pictures of them or describe it. I would like to know if it is worth the $1000+ price.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Yes, I have made one for Tom and Mason, you've had one in your hands and didn't know it. The silk finish Black cherry in the cabinet is my Legacy felt. I just finished one for myself last week and is under glass as I write. I hadn't made myself a new hat in two years so come on by and take a look when you can. I made it for the "Classic" golf tournament on the 15th of July where we are sponsors and it benefits CASA ( a childrens advocacy group). Hanging out with and talking to the elite of the Rogue Valley seemed to require that I wear the best I can do , thus my new Legacy felt in Black cherry. Of all of the BC hats I've made, I don't own one myslf until now.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I have made one for Tom and Mason, you've had one in your hands and didn't know it. The silk finish Black cherry in the cabinet is my Legacy felt. I just finished one for myself last week and is under glass as I write. I hadn't made myself a new hat in two years so come on by and take a look when you can. I made it for the "Classic" golf tournament on the 15th of July where we are sponsors and it benefits CASA ( a childrens advocacy group). Hanging out with and talking to the elite of the Rogue Valley seemed to require that I wear the best I can do , thus my new Legacy felt in Black cherry. Of all of the BC hats I've made, I don't own one myslf until now.
Bout time! Can you post a pic plz? Thx.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Blue Smoke in sunlight...
VSWan7.jpg
Tom that is perfection right there
Would you mind giving me dimensions in that?
Is that ArtLite felt?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112