Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Silhouettes Custom Hats - Official Affiliate Thread

bluesmandan

A-List Customer
Hi Art,

I just noticed the Vintage Silhouettes sweatband in my vintage Mac Lachlan.

It's a 7 1/2 that fits like a snug 7 3/8. Even so, it's one of my favorites.

Does it look familiar? Maybe you replaced the sweatband at some point in its history?

The imprint on the band is all compressed and "faded" and hard as heck to photograph.

It looks a bit small on you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
My wife keeps asking me why I'm wearing such a pretty hat around the house... hehehe. I just tell her, because I love it so much!

i-JJKpqJG-L.jpg
Wow so super nice! I sure don't blame you for wanting to put some head time on that! Art did an amazing job for you!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I posted this on the daily thread a few days ago, but wanted it to go here as well. I'm not one to follow many set rules about fashion, so the old bit about not wearing white after labor day doesn't set well with me. I love my lighter colored hats and I think this beautiful example from Art - a Silvermist beaver felt with burgundy ribbon - works quite well with the brown leather jacket, tan vest and Hawaiian shirt.

i-DbsQjsF-XL.jpg

RJR

I posted this on the daily thread a few days ago, but wanted it to go here as well. I'm not one to follow many set rules about fashion, so the old bit about not wearing white after labor day doesn't set well with me. I love my lighter colored hats and I think this beautiful example from Art - a Silvermist beaver felt with burgundy ribbon - works quite well with the brown leather jacket, tan vest and Hawaiian shirt.

i-DbsQjsF-XL.jpg
That's just a great example of Art's work.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

i-DbsQjsF-XL.jpg
"Winter White" is ok, so no one will call the fashion police. Besides, its "Silvermist" anyway.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

i-DbsQjsF-XL.jpg
We are the fashion police...which means we set our rules...hahaha! Wear that Hat like there was a CROWD with envy looking at you, because they are!

KY Crusader

A-List Customer

i-DbsQjsF-XL.jpg
The slivermist really does look super! I love how the ribbon works with it.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks KY!

Thanks Art!

Thanks Bob!

Thanks LMM!

It's definitely a favorite. I would have never considered burgundy/silvermist with brown just a few months back, but I've learned a ton from everyone here on the FL. :)

i-DbsQjsF-XL.jpg
Yes it does indeed!

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here

i-DbsQjsF-XL.jpg
Hey, Fed,
The silvermist is fine, but, given the background in your shot, and then considering your hat, shades, and shirt, I'd say you're a man who's thinking "vacation."

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
You KNOW I want to be there Rusty, but working on my "new" house ( remodeling) and now, big news, I'm moving my shop in January so traveling this year and the first half of next will be impossible. If I had a magic wand I'd be there every weekend.
Location. Location. Location. Great news Art. Every succes on the move to your new location Sir.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points