Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Spectator Shoes

Un_Modern

New in Town
I've got a nice pair of Stacy Baldwins black and white, not too rough on the feet. They go great with baggy pants suspenders short fat tie and wide brim fedora.

twon12

New in Town
Here's my contribution to this thread.

Bostonian Black & Brown Mesh
2013-10-22 001 004 (768x1024).jpg

Peal & Co for Brooks Brothers
BB by Peal Co.jpg

Converted from solid to two tone by me
2 Tone Stained Oxford.jpg

Vintage Nunn Bush Tone on Tone leather sole
2013-11-04 001 001.jpg

Last edited:

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
These aren't vintage, but I thought they might be worth showing.

We'll be attending a '40s-themed party in February and part of the outfit I wanted to wear involved tan/cordovan spectator shoes. Checking the prices of what's available I discovered there's no way I'd be able to buy some for the event, so I decided to go for a less expensive alternative - making my own.

Here's some shots of the transformation from standard brogues to the spectators I plan to wear. The first pics are of a similar pair if shoes since I neglected to take a true "before" shot. They're the same brand, but were golf shoes which a cobbler had converted to street shoes for me.

Mock 'before' shot of the Dexter golf shoes converted to street shoes
Dexter1_zpsae67a396.jpg

Poorly-lit side shot
Dexter2_zps40ddbd73.jpg

Lace panel taped and first coat of primer
Dexter3_zps027cff7f.jpg

Side shot
Dexter4_zpsa57b72bb.jpg

A few more coats of primer. They're now BLINDINGLY white.
Dexter5_zps1890a09a.jpg

Side shot
Dexter6_zps9b51cee7.jpg

Final, sand-colored coat. Ready for sealer. Not sure why Photobucket insists on showing this sideways despite every attempt to rotate it.
Dexter7_zps0f90e913.jpg

Side shot.
5d0e7c0b-88d7-4ec9-a57f-8e390548aebf_zps46e0d1cf.jpg

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
I used Angelus leather paint. They're known for being pretty durable and remaining flexible on the product, preventing cracking and peeling. I'm looking forward to seeing how well they hold up.

Please keep us up to date on that. I've got an old pair of wingtips that have just been taking up closet space for years......hmmmm

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
I just won these lovely, slightly spadey, deadstock Edwin Clapps. I sure hope I can get my feet in them!

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

I am VERY glad a genuinely good guy got them. I had been looking at them as a possible 4th pair of black and white cap specs (I AM addicted), but pulled out in hopes they would go to someone who would wear them and not just re-sell. CONGRATS!!! On a side note, if they do not fit you, let me know and I will happily take them off your hands at a profit.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Before and after being nailed to a wall (literally) as a shoe installation. Yes! someone found them that attractive. Bespoke 1930s Saddle Spectators.

After graduation from Cookie Rehabilitation College

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana