Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Stetson - The Sovereign?

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
DickWhitmanMM This is a vintage late '50s Stetson Sovereign.[/QUOTE said:
You might be right about that, but not by the reason you gave. That crest and the Sovereign name were used for many years after Stetson shut-down. They may even still might be in use now, HATCO could give a definitive answer there.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
DickWhitmanMM said:
AMC (Janie Bryant) is very very particular about wardrobe, so I'm sure it's period-specific; late '50s, early '60s at the latest...

Not the point. All that I was saying is pointing to a logo means nothing by its self when it comes to dating a Stetson of any era.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
billyspew said:
If it is a black sweatband, it's early 60's maybe, Adam Hats had from what I've discerned, switched to black by '64.
All hats I've seen from the '50's still had brown.

In the Stetson Book the Buck Jones hat has a black Sweat and it was from the 20's. I personally owned a Stevens that was made in the early 50's, and that sweat was as black as the ace of spades.

ptjoe

Familiar Face
I just purchased a black Stetson Homburg and the sweatband is embossed with the name The Sovereign.
The crown is very pliable and you can wear it with a pinched front for a more casual look or without for the more traditional Homburg look. All in all it's a really nice hat for $65.00,shipped.
This hat may be in the 50's to 60's era from what I researched?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Just saw this thread pop up and figured I should throw one of my Sovereign hats here

Sovereign Twenty Mode Edge

02bad0750ec87c720ccb797796281220.jpg

5d916512f44d67f827ee043321e62b0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone while orbiting the earth in a sea foam green 1957 Cadillac

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I've been trying the center dent on a few hats lately.... hard to make it look quite right for my taste. Your's is spot on!
I agree about it being difficult to make look right ... I always love the way it looks just sitting there ... on my head is a different story

The current catalogue calls out Royal, Royal DeLuxe, and Excellent, I think.

On phone and catalogue is on my hard drive so I'm going from memory here.

Sent directly from my mind to yours

ptjoe

Familiar Face
Why do some Stetson Temples have Royal DeLuxe embossed on the leather sweatband and some have the Sovereign?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana