Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Style Reference in Vernacular Photographs

Warbaby

One Too Many
WH1 said:
Amazing how modern she looks with the long, loose hair, the relaxed pose. The whole shot reminds me of a Ralph Lauren picture only better because it is the real thing. Do you know who she is and where it was taken?

BTW great thread.:eusa_clap

I really like this photo, too. Unfortunately I have no information on it. The images I've been posting are all found photos and the only names, locations and dates I have were either written on the photos or elsewhere in the albums in which they were found.

Sarge

One of the Regulars
A sharp group of Connecticut Mutual Life Insurance representatives at a conference in my home town of Fort Wayne, Ind. which my Granduncle attended back in 1929.

Warbaby

One Too Many
A Little Weekend Vintage Goofiness...

I'm not sure what these guys were up to, but whatever it was they were doing it in 1916

TwoGoofyGuys1916.jpg

Are those cucumbers, sub buns or garden slugs?

CucumberGrrl.jpg

Seven ladies, dressed to the nines, and three very strange men - I wonder what the heck this photo is all about?

StrangeGroup1912.jpg

StrangeGroup2.jpg

MisterGrey

Practically Family
Sarge said:
A sharp group of Connecticut Mutual Life Insurance representatives at a conference in my home town of Fort Wayne, Ind. which my Granduncle attended back in 1929.

[/IMG]

That is AWESOME! And the quality is so well preserved! Would it be too intrusive to ask which is your granduncle?

billyspew

One Too Many
Hestia said:
So, I posted these last night over in the Powder Room, but I just saw this thread and figured they might actually be more appropriate here, since the gentleman in the photos is just as well turned out as the lady! From a nice collection of photos that came to me by an odd chance. Late 30's-early 40's; y'all can probably date them better than I.

3838540769_25658057d6_o.jpg
Warbaby said:
Hestia - I love that second photo! Does anyone know the make/year of that auto?

Looks like a '36 Hudson Straight 8, but I'm not so hot on American cars so could be wrong.

Hestia

Familiar Face
billyspew said:
Looks like a '36 Hudson Straight 8, but I'm not so hot on American cars so could be wrong.

Thanks for the ID! I'm not so hot on any cars, so I wouldn't even have a guess.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Some of my home town folks

...from the collections of the Ames, Iowa, Daily Tribune and the Ames Historical Society.

Coon hunters, 12th and Harding, 1944. (My family has lived on this block since 1971.)
5_two_racoons.jpg

The Anderson boys and dog, Center Avenue, 1914.
25_orrie_anderson_age_16_1914.jpg

Prize drawing for Auto Safety Check Week, Ames Municipal Bandshell, May 22, 1951. Residents who had their cars inspected were eligible for prizes.
21_1951.05_ames_car_dealer_drawing2_c.jpg

Joe Sclarow, proprietor of Joe's Men's Shop, Campustown, January 12, 1955. (My father was a freshman at Iowa State at the time, and it's entirely possible he shopped here.)
05_1955.01_joes_mens_shop2_c_s.jpg

Sarge

One of the Regulars
MisterGrey said:
That is AWESOME! And the quality is so well preserved! Would it be too intrusive to ask which is your granduncle?
Not intrusive at all. His name was Fred Pfeiffer and he is the 9th man from the left. He is standing in the back row behind the lady in the black coat.

Sarge

One of the Regulars
Monroeville (Ind.) High School Junior Class 1941-42
MONROEVILLEHIGHSCHOOLJUNIORS.jpg

Firemen and their sons Fort Wayne, Ind. (Not sure of date)

Old Pennsy Station Crew --- Monroeville, IN in 1925.
PennsyStationCrew.jpg

MISS FORT WAYNE 1930 (Mildred Carrier)
MISSFORTWAYNE1930MildredCarrier.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points