Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Weddings

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Dutchess said:
bruiloft3.jpg
So incredibly gorgeous and romantic! Thanks for sharing :)

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Kitty_Sheridan said:
Re favours, the little bags of sugared almonds must have been around in the UK as I have the remnants of them from my grandparents wedding in 1932. It was little muslin bags or georgette/netting.

That sounds yummy, pretty, and inexpensive. My three favourite words lol

Thanks for the tip, hookhandlady (ie. Louise Brooks!) Free is my most favourite word!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Dutchess said:
bruiloft2.jpg

bruiloft1.jpg

The pictures were taken by my sister in law. This is the main square in my hometown. We got married in the town hall. Very romantic!

Dutchess...I can't imagine the # of hours put into your dress. It's amazing! The only thing nicer? The happy smiles on your faces!

nostalgic

New in Town
*bump*

I'm going to bump this thread since inspiration has struck and I think we're set with at least a vintage inspired theme! We have a looong engagement so some of the fun has gone out of the planning because we can't really move forward as of yet. However, my ring is what I like to call deco inspired and my dress has a vintage feel.... I think. I'm going to try to post links to it: any opinions on the overall feel of the dress would be much appreciated!
:: crosses fingers for links to work::

http://s634.photobucket.com/albums/uu61/coleyoley84/Wedding%20Stuff/

ColeV48

Familiar Face
We just had a 1930s inspired wedding at the end of the year. We had planned on a vintage engagement shoot too, but it was too cold to wear the suit I had made for it. I choose our photographers because their style reminded me of a picture I have of my grandfather circa 1920. Here's the slideshow of the wedding.

We had the same issue of figuring out favors. We hired a silhouette artist which ended up being one of the highlights of the reception. She cut two of each: one for the guest to take home and one pasted into a book for us. It seemed she always had a crowd of onlookers! And as a last minute add, I brought our collection of vintage hats for people to wear during their sitting. I also made some brochures that had fun facts, jokes, and comics from the 1930s (everyone had a different brochure so they had to share!).

Miss Jay

New in Town
Stunning!

We're having a late 30s wedding in October, and your photos are very inspiring! Your slide show gave me goose bumps!!
I've done most of my main organising already, I just have fun fiddly stuff left mostly.

nostalgic

New in Town
wow!

That is an amazing slideshow! And a Disney wedding too ::swoon::
The whole wedding party (you two included of course!) looks great and I agree with a pp about the cake!

ColeV48

Familiar Face
Thanks everyone! I think the cake was my favorite part of the whole thing. They actually let me design it, which was really fun. The lit-up piece is based off of an art deco light on the Disney cruise ships, combine it with a bakelite radio and a sun-burst mirror to finish it out!

The umbrellas were rented from Bella Umbrella. And I definitely considered not returning them. REALLY considered it.

jonniangel

One of the Regulars
It's a small world after all

ColeV - As a faithful DIS reader/lurker, I feel like I know you...how fun to see you here. I always love looking at your Roots pictures. I have your TR bookmarked because I'm using it as inspiration for our 25th anniversary party next year.

Love, love, love the cake...and the dresses...and the vintage Rolls at SBP...and the umbrellas...and the calla/orchid bouquet...and the way you made Ariels look so vintage, I was never able to see it that way before. Love everything. <sigh> :eusa_clap

Miss Jay

New in Town
We're having to have a second 'wedding' in a catholic church a week after the 30s style one to satisfy my in-laws. It's going to be a bit more casual, so I'm going to go more of a 50s style tea length with a bird cage veil/hat effect. I bought a pattern for the dress yesterday - now to find fabric!
This is the effect I am going for:
dressbluevelvetvintage-1.jpg

with something like this
with
Hatdollycouture2.jpg

This is the pattern I bought - not too many changes required!
s3958.jpg

The Shirt

Practically Family
Miss Jay-
I'm going to have to pick your brain. That is very very similar to a pattern I am looking at for my dress. Getting married in Nov. I love the birdcage veil effect - there are so many pretty ones on Etsy right now.

Miss Jay

New in Town
The Shirt said:
Miss Jay-
I'm going to have to pick your brain. That is very very similar to a pattern I am looking at for my dress. Getting married in Nov. I love the birdcage veil effect - there are so many pretty ones on Etsy right now.

Hehe
No worries!
It's great to have someone to share ideas with!

dementedmomma

New in Town
so my hubby and i are renewing our vows next may (2011) for out 10th. we're going to vegas!!! i'm on the hunt for a vintage dress ,but i'm not sure exactly what i'm looking for. i'm leaning tward old hollywood, art deco but i just can't find the right dress. does anyone have any good pix? this would really help me out, i'm running out of time. one year is just around the corner. thanks!!!

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family

dementedmomma

New in Town
thanks for the links! i like the last one. i have a dress that my little cousin wore to here prom a few years back. it like that last dress. it's simple but still has some sparkle with the "diamonds" on the strap and center of the chest. the only thing i don't like about the dress i have is that it's white. i was thinking something more off white or ivory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points