Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Visiting Aero Leathers

Holly in Japan! Without giving it much thought, I actually like Board Racer a lot more than the J-100. Slanted pockets do so much more for the style...

eugenesque

One of the Regulars
I have seen several shops in Tokyo carrying Aero jackets, like those in Harajuku but is there an Aero outlet/store in Tokyo?

The photos of the leather jacket in various poses are hilarious.

willyto

One Too Many
I will have about 2 weeks free of work being them the last of April and the first of May and I'm seriously considering doing a pilgrimage to Aero Leathers. I want to visit London again for the Spitafields Market which I missed last time and I'm also attending a handlebar club meeting.

How many days do you think I could need to visit Edinburgh including a visit to Aero Leathers?

I love how I started planning a simple London trip and I'm already considering crazy things just for leather jackets.

wdw

One Too Many
@willyto, depends what you want to do in Edinburgh and if you're coming by car or public transport, but I would suggest a minimum of 2 days/3nights there including the pilgrimage. By train or bus you'd need say 90 mins door-door from Edinburgh to the factory plus however long you think you need there. They close about lunchtime on a Friday, so either go early then or on another day. Also best to check beforehand with them if someone would be available to show you around.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Now that we've moved to the Northern Hemisphere and just a hop, skip and a jump from Scotland I really want to make the Aero pilgrimage. I love the idea of visiting and walking out the door with a new jacket, sans waiting time and with all the fun of trying on at Aero. I've got family in Edinburgh so it makes sense doesn't it ;)

Peter Mackin

Practically Family
I've been lucky enough to visit aero leathers on four occasions..always made to feel welcome..though I have called beforehand as I was picking up jackets.Met with Ken when I was returning two jackets during that dark period,and even though he was under some stress,Ken was a perfect gent..spent a night in Dalhousie castle just to finish the trip..highly recommended.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I will have about 2 weeks free of work being them the last of April and the first of May and I'm seriously considering doing a pilgrimage to Aero Leathers. I want to visit London again for the Spitafields Market which I missed last time and I'm also attending a handlebar club meeting.

How many days do you think I could need to visit Edinburgh including a visit to Aero Leathers?

I love how I started planning a simple London trip and I'm already considering crazy things just for leather jackets.

I think you can easily do Edinburgh in one or two days, we had one full day and left the next morning, had the time to do the castle, the palace, and climb to the top of the hill along the sea. A second day would have been nice, but not necessary.
At Aero a couple hours is probably the best you are going to do.
All in all, i would say a thursday to a saturday or sunday woudl be enough.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Now that we've moved to the Northern Hemisphere and just a hop, skip and a jump from Scotland I really want to make the Aero pilgrimage. I love the idea of visiting and walking out the door with a new jacket, sans waiting time and with all the fun of trying on at Aero. I've got family in Edinburgh so it makes sense doesn't it ;)
Smithy, you are also just a hop, skip and a jump from the North Pole as well as Scotland! I will say that Norway in August is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen, specifically the fjords all the way to North Cape looking at the Arctic Sea.

Back on track: I understand there is now a train between Edinburgh and Galashiels that runs through the Scottish Borders that is an experience in and of itself. If I were visiting the Aero factory, I doubt that I could get by with less than half a day, excluding travel. ;)

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'd give it at least three days, as the trip to Aero will eat up a morning or afternoon. Personally, when I travel I prefer to settle in a bit and get to learn the town a little, and Edinburgh's a very great town for walking. And stay away from Walker Slater, or your bank account will be hurting on your return.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Then take a wander from Walker Slater, down to Armstrong's the vintage clothing shop. I keep meaning to pick up a tweed jacket for work, but it's hard to get one that fits me properly.

Edward

Bartender
Then take a wander from Walker Slater, down to Armstrong's the vintage clothing shop. I keep meaning to pick up a tweed jacket for work, but it's hard to get one that fits me properly.

You should try real vintage, you're a good size for it.

For those considering visiting Aero, check thry're open: when I wentvin 2014, they were open mon-thurs all day, but Friday am only.

@Grayland, my wife and I spent 3 weeks in Scottish Highlands in 2002. Unfortunately I hadn't heard of Aero yet, but what a trip!!!!
I highly recommend you get up to Orkney and Shetland if you can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider