Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

~[WANTED]~ Vintage Grey Fedora| 1920s - 1960s | 7 3/8

G

Gabriel

Hi there,

I'm currently looking to buy a vintage gray fedora with a dark grey or black band. Pictures are highly recommended and welcome here in this thread. Lastly, I'd find most favor in fedoras from the 1940s-1950s the most. Nevertheless, if you have any questions then feel free to ask.

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
Gabriel-I have a Gray Dobbs Fifteen with a 2-1/8" black band, Size 7-3/8, with a Dobbs Hat box that I believe to be 40's-50's that I am interested in selling. The hat is in great condition considering its age, although it is not without a couple of issues. The leather sweatband inside is beginning to crack a little, and there are 2 moth "nibbles" that are very small and do not show up in pictures. It has a 2-1/2" brim, 4-3/4" crown at it's highest point, as it is now shaped. (It also happens to be the hat I'm wearing in my avatar photo.) I have also posted this for sale in the Fedora Lounge Classifieds as of today, Monday, December 29, 2014.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have!

I am asking 75.00 plus and additional 10.00 to help cover the cost of shipping. PayPal is acceptable with me.
Dobbs Box #1.JPG
Dobbs Hat and Box.JPG Dobbs Inside Band.JPG Dobbs Rear View.JPG Dobbs Side View.JPG

Last edited:
G

Gabriel

@Johnny, I may be interested. However, I'd honestly prefer something with a slightly smaller band along the hat and a hat that has just a tad more shine to it. However, I still may be very well interested in this hat at some point. Still going to keep my eye open for other offers; still pm'ed you though. :)

Wally in Cincy

One of the Regulars
Gabriel,

I don't know how long you have been looking or what you expect to find, but that's a good deal on that Dobbs. I would buy it myself if I did not already have one that color.

just sayin.

G

Gabriel

Gabriel,

I don't know how long you have been looking or what you expect to find, but that's a good deal on that Dobbs. I would buy it myself if I did not already have one that color.

just sayin.

I never said I wasn't going to, I just simply said that I'm keeping my eye out for anyone else who might have something I find more preferable. Not ruling anything out.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
SOLD! Sorry, Gabriel, but I found a buyer that was 100% certain.

Thank you, nonetheless, for your interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot