Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wearing vintage is considered costumes.

I never bought into the Apple Cult -- the whole image of the "scrappy little outsider company" was created out of whole cloth by the Boys. I use Macs because that's what I learned to use a computer on back in the '90s, but I don't have any ideological attachment to the brand, and I actively disliked Jobs when he was alive. 60s TV Science
Fiction Villian right down to his shoes.

Jobs was the Emperor of The Boys' Mt. Olympus. He was a salesman unlike I think anything the world has ever seen. He could create a "need" for the product he was selling better than anyone before or since.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
A couple where told to leave park for wearing vintage clothes.

http://boingboing.net/2016/08/18/faux-victorian-couple-ejected.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As loving and kind as both myself and my Husband are towards others, I am afraid what would be stated to that place regarding wearing vintage attire and then be asked to leave due to that as a reason....well....what would be said by us, sure could not be published here on the lounge.

Those two people wearing the vintage attire, actually brought some "class" to that place....for me, far too ignorant what that establishment did. THEY acted towards the couple, in true BOZO form! Haha!

PeterGunnLives

One of the Regulars
I think I'm going to go there dressed like I just walked off of the set of Mad Men (like I do almost every day without any reaction from anybody) and see if my period costume slips by.

Edward

Bartender
You'd probably be fine. With this coupke I'd say theirvobviously out of time clothing drew attention, but it's pretty clear they're all about seeking it. The clincher was their attitude. Read the piece written by the lady of the couple linked to above before you're tempted to have any undeserved sympathy for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21