Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Agreed! It would also be pretty cool to embroider it like an old Tardan.
Not my style. I already pull too much attention with my hats

I'd wear that 7x the way it is. With a new sweat.
I would also only replace the sweatband. Every else would be untouched.
I still regret have cleaned most of the character of my Resistol Diamond HorseShoe.
Giving a new life? If a new life is the same as getting head time, yes, I would give it a new life.

John Galt

Vendor
Howdy, howdy, and "bump."

I don't think I've posted this one yet, a rare Bailey Premier (8x) baby blue gambler.

30ff7546f69d177865a57bc876e6dd16.jpg

c3ac4e10aea337cac4ef7010ac7e7223.jpg

Oh, the painting in the background is a personal favorite purchased on sight, called "Warrior Energy" by artist Elise Zentner.

43b5d7f28137022a5a23b6830f3567ac.jpg

Last edited:

John Galt

Vendor
Thx guys.

It's just the hat Terry, not me ;-)

It is hard to photograph João, but I think the color came across fairly well in the first photo. I'll post another unique colored western tomorrow.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
My new Stagecoach is all dried, reblocked and creased. More pics in the Conversion Corral.

Before:
Stagecoach_Turkey_Creek_1.jpg

After:
Stagecoach_TC_9.jpg

Stagecoach_TC_8.jpg

I'm out of ribbon, though. I need something no wider than a 1/2 inch. Dark Brown.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
You know you can use something besides a ribbon . I'll try and call.
Yeah, give me a call. I was thinking over a couple of different things to use for a hat band. I want it to look simple and functional, like a "Working Cowboy's" hat. Maybe a simple leather strap similar to Eastwood's character, William Muny, in Unforgiven...

Eastwood_Unforgiven_2.jpg

or a 2 ply thin ribbon like Little Bill Daggett's hat from the same movie

Little_Bill_Dagget.jpg

I also have a little 6 ply ribbon left over to make a simple hat band with just a keeper. No bow....

Six_Ply_Ribbon_1.jpg

Six_Ply_Ribbon_2.jpg

still trying to think of a few ideas

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Now, another decision. I found a salvaged 2 ply ribbon with a simple knot and tails that DOGMAN sent me. The color is a perfect match for one of the three colors that's on the brim binding. So now I'm tossed between a leather hat band and this 2 ply ribbon...I still have to cut the tails to length if I decide to use it.

Stagecoach_TC_2_ply_5.jpg

Stagecoach_TC_2_ply_6.jpg

Stagecoach_TC_2_ply_7.jpg

Stagecoach_TC_2_ply_4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko