Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

GlamRockCowboy

New in Town
Here's a picture of the hat I'd like to get some day--with a 7-inch brim AND a 7-inch crown! One difference, though--in place of the elk horn button on the original hatband, I'd want conchos--BIG conchos--preferably studded with turquoise! Extravagant, I know--but a guy CAN dream, can't he? :D

Attachments

• 2013-06-07 15.31.42 (2015_08_03 17_44_39 UTC).jpg
    2013-06-07 15.31.42 (2015_08_03 17_44_39 UTC).jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 122

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Here's a picture of the hat I'd like to get some day--with a 7-inch brim AND a 7-inch crown! One difference, though--in place of the elk horn button on the original hatband, I'd want conchos--BIG conchos--preferably studded with turquoise! Extravagant, I know--but a guy CAN dream, can't he? :D
It's just... very very hard to find a hat body with the size needed to make one.

AlexTheApache

Familiar Face

If you want this hat made Id look at D bar J hats out of Vegas or Warbonnet hat works in Decatur, Texas

Captain O

One of the Regulars
Is anyone familiar with the "Oregon Brick" crown dent? Think of it as a fore-and-aft rectangular "Porkpie" style dent atop the hat's crown. Father had one on his Beaver Brand hat of Cordovan Brown felt back in the late 50's.

I haven't seen one in ages.

RJR

Is anyone familiar with the "Oregon Brick" crown dent? Think of it as a fore-and-aft rectangular "Porkpie" style dent atop the hat's crown. Father had one on his Beaver Brand hat of Cordovan Brown felt back in the late 50's.

I haven't seen one in ages.
I suspect that at one time or another most all "cowboy"creases have been shown or discussed. Hat-Western Hat Creases 2.jpg

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Yep , I bet it was probably a RCA Crease , but it could be Oregon's version of the Canadian Brick . As King Solomon said in Ecclesiastes , There's nothing new under the sun . Back then they did some smushed Brick looking variations too .

Here's a low Horseshoe , but there were even crazier looking Creases back then ...

th

Captain O

One of the Regulars
Imagine that "Low Horseshoe" with a crease that went all the way around and raised in the middle instead of lowered.

That would be the "Oregon Brick". At least that's what dad told the three boys in our family. I don't think that he had any reason to lie to us.

He would be 100 years old this September 29th. God, I miss that man.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Imagine that "Low Horseshoe" with a crease that went all the way around and raised in the middle instead of lowered.

That would be the "Oregon Brick". At least that's what dad told the three boys in our family. I don't think that he had any reason to lie to us.

He would be 100 years old this September 29th. God, I miss that man.

I'm sure thats what they called it . Folks called the same Crease different things depending where they lived . I've seen that Crease you're talking about . I'd have to search to find an example though . If I run across it , I'll put it up . Rodeo guys wore it back then , and some working Cowboys . I don't know how it stayed on their head , but some can , and some like me they wouldn't . Seems like Jim Shoulders or somebody in Rodeo back then wore it . This doesn't show any , but this is from the National Finals Rodeo , Dallas 1959 ... Bull Riders ...

cde86b9e65066268689a9a93f2d0b9a8.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
A BR "30"! Those are nice felts.

Yes, black resistol panda. In the late seventies I had a black and a silver belly, both of them Bailey's. The Bailey's were a bit smoother than the Resistols. Unfortunately I let them both go years ago.
Been wanting a black long hair but no luck.
With a 3 1/2" brim I would be out, it's 4" or nothing.
Never owned a Bailey's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112