Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
A montana peak (badly made) on a Resistol Stagecoach
20170624.jpg

AlexTheApache

Familiar Face
Thanks for the link, Jack.

I ran across this site on Etsy and I'm kind of intrigued by this fellow, Lil Grizz's traditional method and product. Any of you familiar with his work or seen his hats first hand?

il_fullxfull.1237596417_btkn.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/262450...y-hat-old-west-mountie?ref=shop_home_active_6

I'm watching Ride With the Devil right now and digging those pencil curls on those hats!

Look him up on YouTube, someone did a series of videos of him and his work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexTheApache

Familiar Face
Thanks, I did. I went ahead and ordered a Montana Peak last night. I'll let y'all know after it arrives. I'll have to decide what I want to do for a hat band, as that's not included.

Maybe a horse hair band and would look good on it, that or a very wide ribbon that comes to the bottom on the indents that create the peak. I believe he sells his hats on etsy as well not sure I remember seeing very similar looking hats on there.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Maybe a horse hair band and would look good on it, that or a very wide ribbon that comes to the bottom on the indents that create the peak. I believe he sells his hats on etsy as well not sure I remember seeing very similar looking hats on there.

Yeah . I know he did have an Etsy Shop .

Just received two Resistol Stagecoaches this wk while I was gone. The Outlaw measures 4-1/2" brim x 6-3/4" open crown. I don't have any electronic scales but it is probably the heaviest hat I own. The 2nd one is called Dry Gulch & it measures 4" brim x 6-1/2" open crown. I'll start the steam cleaning & prep work tomorrow & get them ready until I figure out how I am going to use them.

DocCasualty

One of the Regulars
Just received two Resistol Stagecoaches this wk while I was gone. The Outlaw measures 4-1/2" brim x 6-3/4" open crown. I don't have any electronic scales but it is probably the heaviest hat I own. The 2nd one is called Dry Gulch & it measures 4" brim x 6-1/2" open crown. I'll start the steam cleaning & prep work tomorrow & get them ready until I figure out how I am going to use them.
Looking forward to see what you come up with!

Motocowboy

New in Town
I'm with you.
I like my brims flat with a lil' bit of swoop in the front and back.
High fenders and shovel brims aren't my thing.
Big brims. 4" or more. My 3 1/2" brims are almost all stored in boxes.

BTW great collection. Not much (lol) but great ;)
I am with you Joao! Dip front and back and almost flat on the sides. I am not a tall or large man but a round face and broad shoulders. And most importantly my wife likes this style on me!

Motocowboy

New in Town
Billings is beautiful among the mountain ranges, lots of good fishing, dude ranches, etc. But I've never been there in the winter.
I have been there summer and late November, As you said it can be a pretty area but in the winter it is cold. I live in upstate NY and our winters can be hard, the difference for me is we don't get the -0 temps as often as they do in Montana ,Wyoming. I watch the weather in Sheridan WY and figure about 6 days and we will get similar weather here.

Resistol Stagecoaches.

The trash has been taken off, pushed to open crowns & steamed & brushed for cleaning.

IMG_1923.jpg

This model is the Outlaw in black. At 4-1/2 x 6-3/4 it has lots to work with.

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1921.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

This model is called Dry Gulch & the color is Tanbark. It's a little bit redder/darker than in this pic. This is the nicer hat of the two. At 4 x 6-1/2 it would look good with a Tom Horn crease or something similar. The brim was out of shape so I flattened it to make it presentable until I decide on what comes next.

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1918.jpg

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Resistol Stagecoaches.

The trash has been taken off, pushed to open crowns & steamed & brushed for cleaning.

IMG_1923.jpg

This model is the Outlaw in black. At 4-1/2 x 6-3/4 it has lots to work with.

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1921.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

This model is called Dry Gulch & the color is Tanbark. It's a little bit redder/darker than in this pic. This is the nicer hat of the two. At 4 x 6-1/2 it would look good with a Tom Horn crease or something similar. The brim was out of shape so I flattened it to make it presentable until I decide on what comes next.

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1918.jpg
they seem to be in good condition, sweats and lining look perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points