Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It looks like the Butterfield Express Stagecoach!

brownstage01.jpg
That's a fine looking hat Joao, I didn't know I was changing a Dry Gulch to a Butterfield Express.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Got this black No. 1 quality Stetson in about two weeks ago. It came in with a center dent, flat brim that had a slight roll to the edge and no pinches. I flattened the front and back of the brim and rolled the sides up just a tad more and put a slight break, front and back at about the edge of the sweat. Lowered the front of the crown just a bit with some shallow pinches. The sweat was DOA, so I replaced it.
CIMG3859.JPG
CIMG3860.JPG
CIMG3861.JPG

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Got this black No. 1 quality Stetson in about two weeks ago. It came in with a center dent, flat brim that had a slight roll to the edge and no pinches. I flattened the front and back of the brim and rolled the sides up just a tad more and put a slight break, front and back at about the edge of the sweat. Lowered the front of the crown just a bit with some shallow pinches. The sweat was DOA, so I replaced it.
View attachment 94042 View attachment 94043 View attachment 94044
It's possibly as lovely as your other one

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 94042 View attachment 94043 View attachment 94044
You did a fine job on it, the brim looks really nice.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Who did you get to replace the Sweat Greg @Bamaboots ?

It's possibly as lovely as your other one

Nice find Greg! You'll be giving up the old black hat now, right? :p

Nice work!

^^^What DD said. And the crease looks great BB!

Thanks guys for all the comments on this one. I know black hats only appeal to a handful of us here, but other than keeping them clean, I'm a fan. This a great hat that I don't have a ton in, even replacing the sweat so I'm happy to have found it. All here have been an inspiration as to how I shape my westerns. Hard to believe I used to take them as they came and wore them as is, until they wore out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana